• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Footy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Footy

A great turnaround - never thought I'd say this but credit to Mclaren. He made some risky decisions that turned out right.
    Heskey is immense in more ways than one. Barry looks like a natural.
    Looks like Rooney may have to fight for his place - who'd have thought it?
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

How much do you reckon Venables has to do with it?

Comment

Let's hope they do as well as that more often. I remember winning 5-1 in Germany being a bit of a false dawn...

Comment

England......false dawn. Surely not! You mean like how we tonked Jamaca (or somebody) and everybody started saying that we were the best in the world.

"Heskey is immense in more ways than one." - looks like he has finally learnt how to stand up, or stay stood up. I think making Rooney foght for his place is a good thing, but I can't see heskey staying there for too long. Barry on the other hand has been good and should get the nod before Lampard, who hasn't really been that good recently. Good to see Owen back to something like his best though. I think I would stick with the right hand side formation over Neville and Beckham though, but think SWP needs to deliver more and the same goes for Joe Cole, who shouldn't have got booked.
        Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Better performance - as Ive said before England are better without Rooney.
          Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 13 September 2007, 08:56.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            A great turnaround - never thought I'd say this but credit to Mclaren. He made some risky decisions that turned out right.
            Heskey is immense in more ways than one. Barry looks like a natural.
            Looks like Rooney may have to fight for his place - who'd have thought it?
            Why any credit, his hand was forced to make those selections. If he had done this with all players available then give the guy credit. But this was done to pure luck, not inspired management.
            whats the lowest you can do this for?

Comment

No doubt the english press will now claim that england can win the euro championships after struggling to qualify from a group, which prior to a ball being kicked was down as a foregone conclusion...

anyway, IT was a good result, but don't expect too much when the likes of Rooney, Becks, Lamps return - which they will as the FA will demand it in order to sell more merchandise...
              Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Comment

Yeah he didn't have much choice but they actually seemed motivated and to have self-belief - not sure that's Mclaren's doing?

Comment

Originally posted by WindyAnna View Post
                  Yeah he didn't have much choice but they actually seemed motivated and to have self-belief - not sure that's Mclaren's doing?
                  This is the team that should stay. They looked hungry probably coz they is not stars, innit?
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by WindyAnna View Post
                    He had Glenn Hoddle give them a pep-talk / blessing before the match.

Amen
                    Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Working...
                    X