• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nearly had the shortest engagement ever...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nearly had the shortest engagement ever...

Just now... cooking on the hob, went upstairs to faff for a while, tidied up etc, tried to run the hot tap (which should fire a boiler in the kitchen) but the water pressure is too low to fire the boiler at the moment for some reason.

Just as well really, as the flame on the hob had gone out and the house was full of gas.

Bloody hell.

All windows open and house aired.

Yikes, that was close.

Cracking one off when the gas hob is running is not to be recommended.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Perhaps that will teach you to 'faff' upstairs for a while.

Comment

he he great minds etc, eh Greg?
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Er - that's a new definition of 'faff' I've not heard before - I wasn't making my left hand jealous btw.

Comment

We believe you
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post

he he great minds etc, eh Greg?
              Yes. Well done us. Reminds me of a joke:

I used to think 'I can't wait to get a girlfriend so I can stop masturbating.'

Now I can't wait for my girlfriend to go out so I can start masturbating.

Comment

From near-death experience to 'light relief' in one post - that must be some sort of record.

Comment

Once a vvanker, always a vvanker.
                  Illegitimus non carborundum est!

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
                    From near-death experience to 'light relief' in one post - that must be some sort of record.
                    We aim to please. Hope you are feeling better and more relaxed now, though...
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X