• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How do you...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you...

a) tell your wife that you don't love her.
    b) tell someone you've known for 6 years that you've been in love with her all that time.

Just wondering.

oh dear

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy View Post
      oh dear

oh dear™

Comment

by text
        Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

oh dear™ indeed
          How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Tell b) first so that if she says "erm, oh, you're a great friend" you can go back to a) and pretend nothing ever happened.

Or, of course, remember that you married a) for a reason and work out why it's going pear-shaped and avoid b) for a while as it's clear you're spending too much time with her.

Or go for broke and tell a) that you've always fancied seeing her and b) together and setting up a threesome.

Comment

a) by fax

b) by taking her away somewhere romantic, showering her with flowers, fine wines, Belgian chocolates.

Not sure either is particularly wise though - have you tried Relate?

There was a wonderful piece of advice in one of the Mrs gossip mags this week - "try marriage counselling. Even if your husband won't go with you, go by yourself."
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by Dean View Post
                Tell b) first so that if she says "erm, oh, you're a great friend" you can go back to a) and pretend nothing ever happened.

Or, of course, remember that you married a) for a reason and work out why it's going pear-shaped and avoid b) for a while as it's clear you're spending too much time with her.

Or go for broke and tell a) that you've always fancied seeing her and b) together and setting up a threesome.
                I must say this is a first class reply, and Dean a new boy too!
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Have been to Relate in the past. Despite what they say, it was a blame trip, and I got all of it. I'll never go through that again.

a) told me a month or so ago that she doesn't love me.

b) is someone I work with, and have done for the past 6 years on and off. So it's hard to avoid her. She's with someone who doesn't love her, or if he does he won't say it, and never has.

And I don't own a fax machine.

Edit: did I say me? I meant to say this friend of mine.

Comment

If you have kids fix it!

If not go on the run taking all the cash with you. She will clean you out.

Oh and most women don't ignore you for 6 years and jump into bed with you, her bloke may not treat her right but she is bound to stick with him, they always do.

Try looking for the reasons you loved her in the first place, works for me.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                    X