• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

RLS - Restless Leg Syndrome

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RLS - Restless Leg Syndrome

Resless Leg Syndrome - does anyone else suffer from this, I do, mostly when sitting down and tired. I just have to get up and walk wabout, apparently about 8% of people do......so who else here does ?
    SA says;
    Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    (whatever these are)

Not me, but my mother in law does.

Personally I just think she's a loon.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Yep, had it for as long as I can remember. Usually worst when sitting down and tired. Cramp like pain in the lower leg, especially the shins for some reason, that make me have to move them every few seconds or get up and walk about. I get a bout of it about once a month or so.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

I do like to get up and walk about a lot.

Have you been up the arse yet this season gooner?

Comment

Think you might have shin splints by the sound of that - DaveB
          "Wait, I still function!"

Comment

Hmm, don't think so, but I do have a tendency to like 'bounce' my leg up and down on the ball of my foot whilst sat at my desk... I've seen lots of people do this before... is there a name for this??
            It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

Me too, I have to make up pretend meetings to give myself a reason to get up and walk around sometimes. Just can't abide sitting around for ages.

Mind you, its not as bad as some people - there are quite a few where I work suffering from Restless Mouth Syndrome...
              Plan A is located just about here.
              If that doesn't work, then there's always plan B

Comment

Originally posted by MrRobin View Post
                Hmm, don't think so, but I do have a tendency to like 'bounce' my leg up and down on the ball of my foot whilst sat at my desk... I've seen lots of people do this before... is there a name for this??

Yes, irritating git syndrome.

Hyperactive people often suffer from it and too much caffeine can cause it.

My wife usually gets in in the evening (titter). She calls it "unnecessary legs". It's very distracting when trying to watch TV next to her.

Comment

My sister in law does it. I agree with the annoying git syndrome. I think it's caused by the fact that she's FINE. Female, Insecure, Neurotic and Emotional.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Chugnut View Post
                    She calls it "unnecessary legs".

I guess I do this, but I've never thought of it as a "syndrome". I never seem to be able to sit still for long.
                    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Working...
                    X