• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

People with ergonomic keyboards, are they all cnuts?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People with ergonomic keyboards, are they all cnuts?

From my experience they are, and I really struggle to use the dam things.
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

my problem is that I have yet to find a keyboard which suits my 2 finger typing style - ergonomic or otherwise.
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

I used one for years, but the last 2 years I've been a contractor I haven't bothered.

Handy for stopping other people using your PC.
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

... and as for those car seat covers made of hard, uncomfortable beads, the mind boggles®

Comment

they still look spazzy though
          Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
            they still look spazzy though
            keyboards, car seat covers or both ?
            SA says;
            Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
            (whatever these are)

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
              my problem is that I have yet to find a keyboard which suits my 2 finger typing style - ergonomic or otherwise.
              You could invent the first two key keyboard:

A-L M-Z

Next!

Comment

well it was directed at the keyboard people, but those who have those stupid car seat covers can be covered by this term also. Oh and the chav I saw riding his bike in leeds the other day. A car beeped him and he peddled like a b@stard to catch it but couldn't. Pi5s funny to watch though as the driver seemed to be slowing down to keep him chasing him and then speeding up when he got close.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

I usually find the same people also have a trackball, footrest, orthopaedic chair and just about any other 'special' equipment that they can squeeze out of the company on health and safety grounds whether they need it or not.

They're also the same people who create some sort of weird macro that only they understand and then expect me to tell them what they have done wrong when it goes tits up.
                  Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Seen one of those laser keyboards? I knew a Sys Admin who heroically froze a Production server when he plugged one in... hilarious, though not for him.

Comment

Working...
                    X