• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

sharesin NorthernRock

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sharesin NorthernRock

with the shares so low - is now a good time to buy some......
    SA says;
    Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    (whatever these are)

Originally posted by n5gooner View Post
    unless it all goes horribly wrong...then buying a gun is a better idea

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy View Post
      unless it all goes horribly wrong...then buying a gun is a better idea
      got a gun, just want a quick buck.
      SA says;
      Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
      (whatever these are)

Comment

I had a manager who bought about £10k's worth of M&S stock in 1999 (I think), when M&S were predicted to go tits-up. Bought 'em for about 50p each (I think, again). The f---ing financial genius! And I said he was mad...

Comment

Originally posted by n5gooner View Post
          all depends on your attitude to risk. could go down alot more in the next few days.
          also with all these people taking out their cash they might have to go back to the BOE for some more.

Comment

It hasn't seen the bottom yet - quite funny watching all the old dears queueing outside the branches....one branch has shut it's doors they reckon...share price will fall further I think...

Comment

I don't do investing in numbers.

If it's real and I can touch it, I can know it, I can research it, I might even invest in it.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I was told by someone in the know that they were a good buy on Tuesday.
                Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

A good frined of mine who's in risk in financial markkets sent all his friends an email on Northern Rock, and generally on financial institutions in the UK at the moment - key line in his email was this:

If you have any significant money in accounts with insignificant institutions I'd get it out.
                  In the 7 years I've known him he's never once sent me an email like that. He works for one of the major players and is in a pretty senior risk role. I know what I'd be doing right now, and shares in Northern rock wouldn't be one of them.
                  Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                    I was told by someone in the know that they were a good buy on Tuesday.
                    Obviously someone who likes you lots...

Comment

Working...
                    X