• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Post a word please

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Post a word please

I've created a web site based on an idea my kids had. It's at http://www.webwideword.com

The idea is to just post a link to your site so that it fits into the word grid.

It's in quite an early stage at the moment but I've had a few words posted on it (other than the ones I've added myself).

Feel free to add a link to your site if you wish.

Thanks
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it" - George Bernard Shaw

Originally posted by ControlG View Post
    I've created a web site based on an idea my kids had. It's at http://www.webwideword.com

The idea is to just post a link to your site so that it fits into the word grid.

It's in quite an early stage at the moment but I've had a few words posted on it (other than the ones I've added myself).

Feel free to add a link to your site if you wish.

Thanks
    It has to be asked: WHY?

Comment

Is there any checking on it? Could I put GordonBrownIsAnArseBandit on there?
      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

This is what the editors of Puzzler magazine have been waiting for all these years. A free on-line resource dedicated to creating irrelevant word puzzles for them to nick and re-publish.....

(I did have a brief look, but couldn't get the pop-up boxes to disappear for long enough to read the main page.)
        Plan A is located just about here.
        If that doesn't work, then there's always plan B

Comment

Firstly "Why". Dunno really, kids had the idea - I thought I'd give it a go.

Moderation on content is manual at the moment.

Looks like "YewTreeServices" have highlighted one issue. I suppose I shouldn't really allow multiple links to the same site.
          "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it" - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by XLMonkey View Post
            This is what the editors of Puzzler magazine have been waiting for all these years. A free on-line resource dedicated to creating irrelevant word puzzles for them to nick and re-publish.....

(I did have a brief look, but couldn't get the pop-up boxes to disappear for long enough to read the main page.)
            Does anyone on the planet know what logic is used to select the celebrity's photo to put on the cover of such puzzle mags? It has confounded me since childhood.

Comment

Originally posted by DBA_bloke View Post
              Does anyone on the planet know what logic is used to select the celebrity's photo to put on the cover of such puzzle mags? It has confounded me since childhood.
              I believe that they are picked to pass the following two tests when the family are preparing for a looooong trip.

1. The mother thinks: oh, that looks just like our daughter.
              2. The father thinks: I would.

Argh. Now that I have thought this thought, I feel the need to lock myself up. It must be a Friday afternoon.
              Plan A is located just about here.
              If that doesn't work, then there's always plan B

Comment

Originally posted by ControlG View Post
                Firstly "Why". Dunno really, kids had the idea - I thought I'd give it a go.

Moderation on content is manual at the moment.

Looks like "YewTreeServices" have highlighted one issue. I suppose I shouldn't really allow multiple links to the same site.
                Ooops
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                  Ooops
                  On second thoughts I may limit to say 5 posts per site

Comment

Originally posted by DBA_bloke View Post
                    You needn't concern yourself with the logic. Just rest assured it's all part of the New World Order.

thunderlizard

Comment

Working...
                    X