• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You know you like your gig when..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know you like your gig when..

1- See everyone clearing off home by 4pm
    2- Friday morning comes and you don't have the impulse to go down on your knees, tears on your eyes shouting "TGI Friday"

"2- Friday morning comes and you don't have the impulse to go down on your knees"

Is that what you have to do to get your timesheet signed?
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Who's this bloke called "Friday Morning" then?
      Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

You don't have the crap commute I have. I scream everyday wishing it to end...and it will at the end of November.
        McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
        Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by SandyDown View Post
          Nah. I left at 3:30 last Friday. So I didn't see them.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I'm out of the office by 2 on a Friday, to start my journey home. I have no idea what time anyone else goes.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
              I'm out of the office by 2 on a Friday, to start my journey home. I have no idea what time anyone else goes.

OK lets amend the first reason:

1- You can clear off to home by 4pm EVERY day, and you are home by 4:45

Comment

What time do you get in?
                All that is necessary for evil members to succeed is that good members post nothing

Comment

OK lets amend the first reason:

1- You can clear off to home by 4pm EVERY day, and you are home by 4:45
                  I wouldn't mind that if I had a home to go to, but I only have a hotel. Therefore I tend to:
                  1. Arrive 3 - 4pm on Monday, having spent the morning sorting stuff out at home and avoided the busiest time on the motorway;
                  2. Work 9:30 - 20:30 from Tuesday to Thursday (with an hour for lunch), then go down the pub;
                  3. Leave at 13:00 on Friday, again avoiding the motorway crush and having plenty of time to chill out in preparation for the weekend.

Add to this the monthly event when we abandon the office for the afternoon to have a company-supplied picnic with free beer and wine, which my report-to guy confirmed is billable time, and I have to say that despite the travelling, I can't wait to renew in December

(BTW, this is also the gig where, dealing directly with the client rather than through an agency, I discovered on receiving the contract that they were paying me more than I'd asked for. The manager's explanation: "I've found that if you give people more money than they ask for, they tend to want to stick around." )

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Add to this the monthly event when we abandon the office for the afternoon to have a company-supplied picnic with free beer and wine, which my report-to guy confirmed is billable time, and I have to say that despite the travelling, I can't wait to renew in December
                    Sounds very much like employment to me - do they invite all their suppliers, or just the IR35 caught ones?
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014
                    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                    X