• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Another 20 million

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another 20 million

An article in the daily mail yesterday said that the EU are looking to admit another 20 million non-eu citizens into the EU. The justification falling birth rates!

are these people thick, in a world starved of resources more people are not required. Falling birth rates is the answer to the worlds problems.

also mentioned that 85% of immigrants were non -skilled compared to 45% of immigrants to the states.

stop the EU now!
    Last edited by mrdonuts; 15 September 2007, 09:48.

I saw this in the Daily Mail - not mine I hasten to add. As it is the Mail, I'm not sure how true it is, but I can see the EU going for a daft solution like this to the demographic time bomb.

Yes, it is so obviously better to have less people than more, you have to wonder whether politicians are sane...

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100 View Post
      I saw this in the Daily Mail - not mine I hasten to add. As it is the Mail, I'm not sure how true it is, but I can see the EU going for a daft solution like this to the demographic time bomb.

Yes, it is so obviously better to have less people than more, you have to wonder whether politicians are sane...
      Mostly the EU executive seem to come out with pretty tame stuff that's usually spun for whatever readership, but some of the drivel the commisioners come out with is mental enough to make some of the EU conspiracy theories seem not too far fetched.

Comment

Maybe the Daily Mail could start a campaign to remove the need for this by encouraging our own decent white English girls to have lots of children, perhaps by offering to give them a house, free school meals, tax credits and income support, and encouraging them to stay at home to raise their families instead of being forced to leave them at nurseries while they work in Sainsbury's on minimum wage.

Comment

Originally posted by dang65 View Post
          Maybe the Daily Mail could start a campaign to remove the need for this by encouraging our own decent white English girls to have lots of children, perhaps by offering to give them a house, free school meals, tax credits and income support, and encouraging them to stay at home to raise their families instead of being forced to leave them at nurseries while they work in Sainsbury's on minimum wage.
          Stop trying to hijack this and turn it into a race issue. It isn't. It's a numbers issue.

Comment

Yeah, sure. Numbers issue. Good one.

Comment

Originally posted by dang65 View Post
              Yeah, sure. Numbers issue. Good one.
              It's no wonder politicians are afraid to hold a sensible debate on this very serious issue, when it is always hijacked by complete and utter w****rs who have no idea what they are talking about.

Like you, dang.

So, are you calling me a racist?
              Last edited by wendigo100; 16 September 2007, 14:54.

Comment

Well, I'd have to hear out your theory of numbers before claiming anything like that. I was having a sarcastic pop at the Daily Mail, and I thought you were too. They want to stop immigration from outside the EU (or the UK probably), but they're also not too keen on our traditional welfare state's efforts to help our own population to increase.

Comment

Quite agree. If you look at the numbers of the "demographic timebomb" there is nothing as yet that cannot be addressed by:-

a) Raising retirement age
                  b) Lowering ages of starting useful work. What is the blithering use of "everyone having the chance of a higher education" when too often their costly certificates only fit them for the job at Sainsburies they could have begun at 16?
                  c) Stop wasting so much damn money on too many who never contribute anything (unless due to genuine disability) and are parasitic on the rest. One or two crimes, by all means attempt to rehabiliate, a catalogue of crimes, build more prisons and never open the doors.

No problem with wealthy or really skilled high earning migrants who commit to the British way of life and ethos, but let's face it, far too many admitted are total tulipe. We have quite enough criminal and dependent losers of our own, ta.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

i have just read your xoggoth.org website, you are a completely racist c unt

there are nice people all over the world, the majority probably a lot nicer than you

Comment

Working...
                    X