• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Colin McRae RIP

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Colin McRae RIP

RIP

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/spo...cle2461339.ece

Only sport I ever liked rallying

no way. I read the story but never found out who the occupants were. Before his time.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Blimey, first Richard Burns, now McCrae.

Comment

Bang goes that franchise.

But seriously...

Originally posted by John Donne
        Any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankind; And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.
        (Why isn't there a "sombre" smiley? The one most visually appropriate to such a feeling is "indifferent", which isn't what I feel: )

Comment

Colin's 5 year old son was also killed as well - very sad and tragic news.
          www.stormtrack.co.uk - My Stormchasing website.

Comment

Jesus,

why do all these rich people have crashes in helicopters ?

Lesson for us all, if we ever become rich don't get delusions of having a helicopter and becoming a pilot, every year we hear of rich people crashing their helicopters.

Maybe there should be stricter driving tests for helicopter pilots and more regular flying hours to keep the skills up ?

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
              Jesus,

why do all these rich people have crashes in helicopters ?

Lesson for us all, if we ever become rich don't get delusions of having a helicopter and becoming a pilot, every year we hear of rich people crashing their helicopters.

Maybe there should be stricter driving tests for helicopter pilots and more regular flying hours to keep the skills up ?

Milan.
              I was having similar thoughts, the stats of rich folks crashing in these machines must be pretty high against professional piliots -
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I think the reason why these rich people die in helicopters is because poor people tend not to own them.

Very sad all the same
                Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

So being poor reduces your exposure to risk - I like that - applying for my old job in Tesco's, you should see the mean age of those folks working in my local

Comment

Nope - that isn't what I said. Being poor tends to exclude you from the owning a helicopter brigade. As such, any crash would tend to involve rich helicopter owners and their mates - their mates could be poor though.

It's the same with expensive sports cars - you tend to find rich people driving these also, unless it has been nicked.
                    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
                    X