• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Northern Rock : Monday Share prices

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Northern Rock : Monday Share prices

Which way people?
    Go through the roof
    2.27%
    Moderate gain
    4.55%
    Stagnate
    4.55%
    Slight Loss
    25.00%
    Tank
    43.18%
    Shares Suspended
    13.64%
    Mayhem, power cuts & pestilence
    6.82%

The poll is expired.

without a doubt

d
    o
    w
    w
    w
    n
    n
    n

is my guess..
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

I think they may have recovered but I think more and more people will want to withdraw money having seen the "difficulties" that other people are having accessing and withdrawing the money.

NR will crash and burn. Someone will buy them and hike the mortgage rate .25% house prices will fall.

Doomed!

Comment

Slight loss (5% or so?)

Comment

Tank.

The general public are as thick as a herd of sheep and their run on Northern Rock will continue and spread to other banks. General loss of confidence in whole banking sector followed by much discussion and hot air. It will all calm down in a few weeks as the BoE bails out the rotten lenders with tax payers' money.
          Cats are evil.

Comment

share price through the floor - £3 now - down £1.60 (was £12 not long ago)

Comment

Tank,

Northern Rock is a hard-nosed, aggressive bank only interested in hooking people in. Once they get savers the rates drop like stones.

Maybe the sheep will get better deals elsewhere...
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

A friend of mine who works for Barclays was stood outside the Cambridge branch of NR poaching customers on Friday.

She was reeling them in for fun!

Her commission has gone through the roof!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                  A friend of mine who works for Barclays was stood outside the Cambridge branch of NR poaching customers on Friday.

She was reeling them in for fun!

Her commission has gone through the roof!
                  Out of the frying pan into the fire?
                  Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
                    Out of the frying pan into the fire?
                    Roast longpig?

Comment

Working...
                    X