PDA

View Full Version : More oil anyone?

scooterscot
17th September 2007, 12:31
http://www.aftenposten.no/english/business/article1998328.ece

DBA_bloke
17th September 2007, 12:45
Has Marco Pierre White been washing his hair in the North Sea, then?

DaveB
17th September 2007, 12:55
They didnt have to dig very far did they....

The well was drilled to a vertical depth of 1.85 meters under the sea bed and ended at a bedrock.

Clippy
17th September 2007, 12:56
Shh, or the Americans will hear.

BA to the Stars
17th September 2007, 13:01
Shh, or the Americans will hear.

Too late, the Russians have already planted a flag to claim it on their way back from the North Pole :wink

DBA_bloke
17th September 2007, 14:23
Too late, the Russians have already planted a flag to claim it on their way back from the North Pole :wink

Ironic act of the year: Russia sees that global warming is leading to the pack ice melting... so plants a flag to get the rights to drill for oil there... and so add to the problem! Those Russians, eh, what ARE they like?!

gingerjedi
17th September 2007, 14:29
Ironic act of the year: Russia sees that global warming is leading to the pack ice melting... so plants a flag to get the rights to drill for oil there... and so add to the problem! Those Russians, eh, what ARE they like?!

What problem?

Cue 30 page thread on 4x4's, Airport tax, Al Gore...:rolleyes:

DBA_bloke
17th September 2007, 14:43
What problem?

Cue 30 page thread on 4x4's, Airport tax, Al Gore...:rolleyes:

Are you saying global warming isn't real? Well, may I draw your attention to the fact that I thought it was a bit warmer last night than it was the same time last year... you can't argue with science like that.

daviejones
17th September 2007, 15:47
Are you saying global warming isn't real? Well, may I draw your attention to the fact that I thought it was a bit warmer last night than it was the same time last year... you can't argue with science like that.

There was a report in the paper this weekend that quoted 2 very reputable scientists as saying that this happens every 1500 years and it is a natural thing and that global warming does not exist.....

DBA_bloke
17th September 2007, 15:48
There was a report in the paper this weekend that quoted 2 very reputable scientists as saying that this happens every 1500 years and it is a natural thing and that global warming does not exist.....

I had to turn my fridge up a notch a couple of weeks ago. What more proof is needed?

gingerjedi
17th September 2007, 15:57
I had to turn my fridge up a notch a couple of weeks ago. What more proof is needed?

There's some dozy fecker here who keeps turning the fridge down in what I can only assume is some misguided attempt to save the planet, what they don't realise is I now have to buy 2 pints of milk a week as one just won't last, this has the knock on effect of increasing road freight and killing polar bears... if only they knew.:rolleyes:

DBA_bloke
17th September 2007, 16:00
There's some dozy fecker here who keeps turning the fridge down in what I can only assume is some misguided attempt to save the planet, what they don't realise is I now have to buy 2 pints of milk a week as one just won't last, this has the knock on effect of increasing road freight and killing polar bears... if only they knew.:rolleyes:

It's been said before, but I will say it again: If we ALL turned our fridges up to maximum coldness, this global warming thing would be over in a week. I blame the Scientists - too busy aguing to see the most obvious answer.

BoredBloke
17th September 2007, 16:31
"I now have to buy 2 pints of milk a week as one just won't last"

Which results in the need for more cows to produce the milk. More cows = more cows @rses which produce more gas which adds to the greenhouse effect. I've bought an ice machine which I'm running 24/7 and I'm 'releasing' the cubes into a small river. One day I hope that they may find their way back to one of the poles to reverse this trend. I know my machine uses a lot of power but I'll gladly pay extra to do my bit.