• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Buy shares this morning ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buy shares this morning ...

...coz when the US cuts rates this afternoon, the stock markets will take off.
    Maybe not Northern Crock ones, though
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

I'm sure my broker knows what to do.

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100 View Post
      I'm sure my broker knows what to do.
      If he* did, he wouldn't be a broker and would be living off his investment wealth in the Cayman Islands. Think about it.

* or she for the PC among us.
      I'm Spartacus.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
        If he* did, he wouldn't be a broker and would be living off his investment wealth in the Cayman Islands. Think about it.

* or she for the PC among us.
        So that's why I haven't heard from him in 27 years?

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100 View Post
          So that's why I haven't heard from him in 27 years?
          Either that or he's doing time for insider dealing.
          I'm Spartacus.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            ...coz when the US cuts rates this afternoon, the stock markets will take off.
            Maybe not Northern Crock ones, though
            Bad call sg....NR shares already climbing...
            Illegitimus non carborundum est!

Comment

should have bought Northern Rock shares yesterday when they were -30%. Apparently they are up 10% already this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by ~Craig~ View Post
                should have bought Northern Rock shares yesterday when they were -30%. Apparently they are up 10% already this morning.
                they were down 40% at 1 one point yesterday after lunch. Isn't hindsight a wonderful thing.

Comment

El bounco del cato muerto, me thinko.
                  It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

that was an obvious one - buy em cheap now - cash in when they get taken over

if they continue plunging, you can make money by short selling too - same with A&L and the others...

Comment

Working...
                    X