• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Healthy Option

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Healthy Option

During my lunch break I popped into Leeds. I was walking behind a couple who were both pushing prams. Both of these 2 were obviously sports mad as they were decked out in sports clobber - obviously on their way to the gym. Although the 'female' of the two was somewhat large, so I guess she has some sort of injury preventing her form partaking in her chosen sport and has piled the pounds on during her recuperation.

These two were talking to their kids about lunch and trying to dissuade them from the McD's option. Mum pipes up that McD's is not healthy and that they will get fat (Mr Kettle meet Mr Pot then) and that they should have something a bit more healthy. Then dad pipes up with 'You should have something healthy like a pasty'

Since when was a pasty seen as the healthy alternative? I blame Gordon Brown..........and Northern Rock
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

I blame the parents...of the parents.
    Illegitimus non carborundum est!

Comment

I blame Greggs - Pastie Pushers.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
        Then dad pipes up with 'You should have something healthy like a pasty'
        That's up north for you.

Was it Halifax where those mums were chucking pies and chips over the school fence because of Jamie Oliver's healthy school dinners?

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
          I blame Greggs - Pastie Pushers.
          Greggs!! There seems to be more Greggs around these days than any other franchise, even Subway, which also seems to be taking over.
          It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

I do hope that they are sensible parents, and allow their tots to only smoke low tar ciggies.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
              Since when was a pasty seen as the healthy alternative?
              Probably not as drastic as the deep-fried pizzas (I kid you not) they have north of the border.

On the subject of burgers, I caught a news article the other day regarding the moratorium on new fast food restaurants in south LA, two 'large' ladies (let's not judge, it could be glandular) were recounting all the burger places they'd visited that day and the day before.
              Not only had one of them been into one the previous day, AND for breakfast that day (), but I was astonished to find that a franchise exists called "fatburger"!!!

There's a clue in the name, people. FFS
              The vegetarian option.

Comment

When I go on holiday I often wonder how these northerners get so fat, now I know it's handed down to them through generations of pie and gravy eaters.

I mean I love a nice meat pie, gravy and mash, but come on not twice a fukkin day!

Comment

Pasties/Pastys in Leeds?? They'll be drinking our Cider next.

I was unsure of the plural for pasty and google came up with this:

Pasties (sing. 'pastie') are adhesive coverings applied to conceal a person's nipples, often at a strip club. They vary in size and are usually not much larger than the performer's areola.

The concept of 'pasties' is to reveal as much of the breast as possible without being entirely topless. Most exotic dancers wear them in strip clubs only when required by law.

Pasties are usually applied with a special glue or tape. This is the origin of their name, as they are quite literally "pasted" onto the nipple.

Well I never.
                  Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
                    I was astonished to find that a franchise exists called "fatburger"!!!
                    There is a Fatburger on the strip in Vegas. When you order the eponymous signature burger the till jockey hollers 'FATBURGER!' and the team of burger flippers retort with 'FATBURGER!!'.

Comment

Working...
                    X