• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Should bad drivers and people with 5hit cars be banned/fined?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should bad drivers and people with 5hit cars be banned/fined?

I estimate that I lose approximately 10 working hours a year due to hold ups caused by accidents or broken down vehicles, multiply that by the millions up and down the country who are also affected and it comes to quite a sum that British business is losing just because of ‘bangernomics’ practitioners and silly bints putting on eye liner at inappropriate times.

And don't get me started on foreign lorry drivers and their right side blindness.
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    I estimate that I lose approximately 10 working hours a year due to hold ups caused by accidents or broken down vehicles...
    ... and about 364 days lost, owing to posting on CUK.

Comment

I wondered about this ... me sat in a traffic jam equals a material loss.. ergo whover was a fault for causing the crash their insurance company should be liable.

btw try the M20 in Kent for foreign lorry drivers... interesting interpretations of road rules
      Last edited by Troll; 18 September 2007, 13:53.
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

what are 'material loos'

woolly toilets?
        Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by DBA_bloke View Post
          ... and about 364 days lost, owing to posting on CUK.
          4 per day is hardly excessive... 15 maybe.
          Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

I often lose 10 minutes in the morning waiting for a level crossing. Can I sue South West Trains?
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

I wasted 10 minutes in trap 1 this morning, dropping my guts after a pizza last night. Can I sue Pizza Hut?
              Illegitimus non carborundum est!

Comment

Originally posted by Flubster View Post
                I wasted 10 minutes in trap 1 this morning, dropping my guts after a pizza last night. Can I sue Pizza Hut?
                Only if you didnt bill the client for the time
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by Flubster View Post
                  Did you get a receipt?
                  Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                    Did you get a receipt?
                    Nope, but I can prove the goods were consumed. The drains are blocked and need degunging....
                    Illegitimus non carborundum est!

Comment

Working...
                    X