• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Client funded training

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Client funded training

I'm class myself outside IR35, but my client has requested that I do a training course for a particular appliance they want me to manage. They're paying for it, but would that place me inside IR35?

Thoughts?

Personally I don't think so, especially if they pay for it directly.

Comment

Two options here, both cost you money. Either accept the cost of the training from your client, but do not bill them your working time (on the basis that it is improving your long-term marketability), or pay for the training yourself but agree with the client that you can bill the time you spend as normal.

Both are a bit of a fiddle, TBH, the real anti-IR35 answer is to pay for it all by yourself. However, if it is additional knowledge that is now necessary to complete the contract, nobody will complain too loudly if the client makes a contribution.
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Couldn't you put "Evaluation of training course" on your invoice?

Comment

Originally posted by Hiram King Of Tyre View Post
          Couldn't you put "Evaluation of training course" on your invoice?
          Oi! Stop having good ideas at once....
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
          X