• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Woking

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Woking

Probably going to be moving house fairly soon to somewhere within the London commuter belt. Woking is coming up trumps in our initial selections because of train links, modest house prices and a decent selection of local hospitals for the missus to work in.

Does / has anyone live(d) in Woking? Any recommendations on the different neighbourhoods?

Ta.
    It's about time I changed this sig...

Guildford.

Comment

Jacobswell, Stoughton,Send used to be nice, proper contractor areas with big houses!
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I live around the area.

Some nice places are W. Byfleet, Woodham, St George's Hill (Cliffy R woohoo!) Horsell, Pyrford, Ripley (Eric Clapton, woohoo!)

Places to avoid are:

New Haw: teenage chav scum
        Addlestone: chav scum
        Byfleet: nice pub but infected with chav scum
        Send/Send Marsh: a bit "Stepford Wives"

Woking: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious"
        If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Woking - dunno what happened to it, as I think it was once a nice place, but it's a minging bumhole of a dive, now, IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
            St George's Hill (Cliffy R woohoo!) Horsell
            St George's Hill (Jensen Button woohoo!) - you need to be *seriously* minted to afford here. Check Google maps satellite view - mansions a go go.

Horsell - (Richard Burton / Martians woohoo!)

Comment

Originally posted by Chugnut View Post
              St George's Hill (Jensen Button woohoo!) - you need to be *seriously* minted to afford here. Check Google maps satellite view - mansions a go go.

Horsell - (Richard Burton / Martians woohoo!)
              Martians?

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100 View Post
                Martians?
                In the First World War, and for the first time in the history of man, nations combined to fight against nations using the crude weapons of those days. The Second World War involved every continent on the globe, and men turned to science for new devices of warfare, which reached an unparalleled peak in their capacity for destruction. And now, fought with the terrible weapons of super-science, menacing all mankind and every creature on the Earth comes the War of the Worlds.
                If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Cheers. Horsell looks alright, as does Knaphill. Other areas mentioned are more Guilford way but perhaps will check them out too. Perhaps I'll give the £1M+ celeb mansions a miss for the moment

I think the martian reference is to do with War of the Worlds? They first landed in Woking!

Comment

They even have a Wellsian martian sculpture. Oh dear!

Concerned you think it's a reeking hole, DBA Bloke, care to elaborate?

Comment

Working...
                    X