• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone ever seen a ghost?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone ever seen a ghost?

I thought I did. Many years ago, motorcycling from Dunkirk to Calais in the small hours (at night, and it was raining) I thought I saw a figure walk across the road a yard or two in front of the bike. I slammed the brakes on as much as you can in the wet without ending up horizontal (I had a young lady, the current Mrs. W) riding pillion. I was pretty shaken up by it, , probably more by the thought that I'd nearly dropped the bike.
    The vegetarian option.

Comment

No

Comment

No. Next ...
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Said out loud,

"Grandma, if you're listening, let us know"

5 Seconds later, washing machine door opens and floods water all over the floor.

Cheers Grandma.
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

My brother thinks he did when he was little. An old woman in the fields behind our house - other people had claimed to see her also on other occasions.

He was only about 8 or 9 and had got up in the night to use the loo. He had to walk past the window overlooking the field on the way. He says he saw an old woman and she was kind of lit up. He screamed like a girl.

The next night he screamed even more as my mum brought one of her shop dummies out of her shop home and we dressed it up to look like an old woman and then sat it on the bog before going to bed. In the middle of the night he headed off to the loo and screamed somewhat more when he turned the light on.
            Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
              My brother thinks he did when he was little. An old woman in the fields behind our house - other people had claimed to see her also on other occasions.

He was only about 8 or 9 and had got up in the night to use the loo. He had to walk past the window overlooking the field on the way. He says he saw an old woman and she was kind of lit up. He screamed like a girl.

The next night he screamed even more as my mum brought one of her shop dummies out of her shop home and we dressed it up to look like an old woman and then sat it on the bog before going to bed. In the middle of the night he headed off to the loo and screamed somewhat more when he turned the light on.
              Your mum has got a hell of a sense of humour surprised he didnt tulip himself there and then. Cruel gits. LOL.
              I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
              Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post

Have we done this before? I swear I have already read that!
                "Wait, I still function!"

Comment

"Anyone ever seen a ghost?"

No, of course not: they don't exist. A bit like unicorns, pixies, elves and honest pimps. Enid Blyton has a lot to answer for.

Comment

Yeh, several times, however, it always seemed to happen when I was under some stress like approaching finals or something so doubt was real. During A levels I watched a strange matted furry thing with two tails floating slowly through the air for about a minute. Nobody with me saw anything.

Only thing harder to dismiss was a child's voice babbling in the air in front of me, harder to dismiss because two of us heard it.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                    X