• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

90% chance that house prices won't crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

90% chance that house prices won't crash

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7000598.stm

There is a one in 10 chance of a 1990s-style housing market crash in the UK, according the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (Rics).
    Sounds like a signal to buy buy buy to me.

And 20% chance of a 10% drop. I've noticed asking prices in my area have been getting lower and the same properties are on the market for a while.

One flat I've had my eye on started at 295K, now it's 280K - thinking of putting an offer in at under 250K
    Don't ask Beaker. He's just another muppet.

Comment

Originally posted by beaker View Post
      One flat I've had my eye on started at 295K, now it's 280K - thinking of putting an offer in at under 250K

Great idea, you'll be able to go on renting whilst your offer gets bounced!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

The chances of anything coming from Mars - are a million to one he said.

But still - they come ...

Comment

1 in 10

Whose @rse did they pull that figure out of.

Its all in the words , "1990s style crash". So if it all goes tits up like never before they will turn around and say that the crash is not like the 1990's
          There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
            Great idea, you'll be able to go on renting whilst your offer gets bounced!!

Umm... I take it you're being sarcastic here...?

Comment

Originally posted by beaker View Post
              Umm... I take it you're being sarcastic here...?
              Sarcastic?? Moi??

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                Sarcastic?? Moi??

Hey, it's worth a try

I might even get a bargain

Comment

Working...
                X