• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

'Elf & Safety thingie...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Elf & Safety thingie...

I think I lost the will to live after an hour and a quarter...

And I failed the exam
    Last edited by zeitghost; 6 March 2017, 11:01.

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    I think I lost the will to live after an hour and a quarter...
    Sounds like a Health and Safety risk.

Comment

In my last week at BP I was told off by some short @rsed git becuase I failed to comply with their stairs policy. I was not holding the hand rail and I was on my phone. But at least I'm still here to talk about it and warn others about such dangerous tactics.

I could see his point if I'd been trying to get down the stairs juggling hot cups of coffee while stabbing a hungry lion up the @rse with a sharp pencil
      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
        I could see his point if I'd been trying to get down the stairs juggling hot cups of coffee while stabbing a hungry lion up the @rse with a sharp pencil
        We've got a rule against that as well. Busybodies...

Comment

And so you should as it's pretty dangerous!

Spoke to Rod the other day and most of the SDP folk are at Vodaphone now
          Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

And so you should as it's pretty dangerous!

Spoke to Rod the other day and most of the SDP folk are at Vodaphone now
            Oh dear. Does that include AW? Should I be looking to sell my shares?

Comment

No - Saw him while I was at BP @ Stockley Park - He's still at Centrica - as he was heading to their office. Obviously I ignored him

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Where are you now Tony? I'm in Paddington. It's not bad - it's next to a canal to throw lions in, plus free marmalade.

Comment

lol - in Leeds on that big public sector gravy train toot toot

No free marmalade, but there is a canal for the lions.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

lol - in Leeds on that big public sector gravy train toot toot

No free marmalade, but there is a canal for the lions.
                    Excellent. I took the same gravy train up to those offices a few times earlier this year.

They closed the Leeds United shop in the town centre during my time. Perhaps if I'd popped in and bought a scarf they'd still be open today...

Comment

Working...
                    X