PDA

View Full Version : Xmas coming early?

shaunbhoy
19th September 2007, 11:27
Fed cuts interest rate to 4.75%

The US central bank, the Federal Reserve, has made a dramatic intervention in financial markets by cutting rates to 4.75% from 5.25%.
The move, the first US rate cut in four years, is aimed at restoring confidence in the housing market and preventing the turmoil from denting the economy.
Other central banks, including the Bank of England, are expected to follow suit to calm the growing financial panic. World stock markets soared on the news, with US shares up sharply.
The Fed move could help prevent the US economy, which is already slowing down, from sliding into a recession, which could hurt economic growth prospects around the world.

Why thank you Uncle Sam!!
:wink

sasguru
19th September 2007, 11:29
SB - sharp as a pillow :laugh
This happened yesterday you dim half-wit.
So I'm guessing you didn't make any money on a totally predictable move?

http://forums.contractoruk.com/general/21067-buy-shares-morning.html

shaunbhoy
19th September 2007, 11:35
SB - sharp as a pillow :laugh
This happened yesterday you dim half-wit.

Some of us weren't sitting drooling over our keyboards yesterday, morning noon and night. It's called having a life sg, you should try it.
Doesn't make it any less relevant anyway.
One of your predictions that went right apparently, well the sun sometimes shines even on a dog's @rse sg. Make the most of it. I bet the extra £25 you cunningly milked from the financial markets really gives you a warm glow.
:rollin:

sasguru
19th September 2007, 11:40
Some of us weren't sitting drooling over our keyboards yesterday, morning noon and night. It's called having a life sg, you should try it.
Doesn't make it any less relevant anyway.
One of your predictions that went right apparently, well the sun sometimes shines even on a dog's @rse sg. Make the most of it. I bet the extra £25 you cunningly milked from the financial markets really gives you a warm glow.

I'll go easy on your usual verbiage. It's obviously post-traumatic stress from watching your so-called "team" yesterday.

shaunbhoy
19th September 2007, 11:50
I'll go easy on your usual verbiage. It's obviously post-traumatic stress from watching your so-called "team" yesterday.

You go easy on most things sg. That is because you are fitted with an intellect that can only be spotted using the Hubble telescope.

sasguru
19th September 2007, 11:53
You go easy on most things sg. That is because you are fitted with an intellect that can only be spotted using the Hubble telescope.

Ah the irony of posting that on this thread :grin

Moose423956
19th September 2007, 11:55
Love is in the air
Everywhere I look around...

DBA_bloke
19th September 2007, 12:00
Love is in the air
Everywhere I look around...

Many a truth, etc. When's the Civil Partnership Shaunbhoy & sasguru?

Moose423956
19th September 2007, 12:02
Our first CUK wedding! :banana:

DaveB
19th September 2007, 12:44
Many a truth, etc. When's the Civil Partnership Shaunbhoy & sasguru?

It's already happend but the sold the exclusive rights to the wedding video so you'll have to wait untill they are published (http://www.chuckandlarry.com/index.php) :D

KathyWoolfe
19th September 2007, 13:49
Xmas IS coming early - I've seen Xmas decorations up in the shops and goods with Xmas packing on them already :eek
Why do these companies do this when we've just finished "summer"!

wendigo100
19th September 2007, 21:55
The temperature has just dropped 10 degrees and it's raining again.

Must be nearly Xmas.:frownGod no, that means it's nearly summer... :frown

PS zeity, you could always heat up a nearby rock with a phaser to keep you warm. Now who could you borrow a phaser from? :D