• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I saw the advert with all the kids asking questions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw the advert with all the kids asking questions

And I would like to know,

If the universe is always expanding, what is it expanding into?
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

stuff

HTH
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

My airing cupboard. All the towels are getting crumpled.

Comment

dark matter stuff

hth

Comment

It'll be a while before you get an answer to that one... try typing "string theory" into google and that'll keep you busy for a few months!

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
            dark matter stuff

hth
            So the dark matter evident in our universe has leaked in?
            ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
              dark matter stuff

hth
              You had to get technical didn't you!
              How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

The Universe is infinitely large, so it doesn't expand into anything. The expansion is merely the fabric of time stretching in between everything in the Universe. So everything effectively gets further apart and hence the appearence that the Universe is expanding.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  The Universe is infinitely large, so it doesn't expand into anything. The expansion is merely the fabric of time stretching in between everything in the Universe. So everything effectively gets further apart and hence the appearence that the Universe is expanding.

HTH
                  How do we measure infinity in order to know that. Just because our primitive technology can't detect the edge doesn't mean there isn't one.
                  Last edited by wobbegong; 19 September 2007, 14:52.
                  The vegetarian option.

Comment

There is no proof that the universe is infinite... at least not in my Haynes manual!

Comment

Working...
                    X