• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

"It is bureaucracy gone mad".

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"It is bureaucracy gone mad".

Don't forget your ID.

Morons

If everyone had a National ID card this wouldn't happen. AND there'd no more terrorism, war, famine, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Chugnut View Post
      Don't forget your ID.

Morons
      It sounds as though he was being a stroppy old git.
      Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by King Cnvt View Post
        If everyone had a National ID card this wouldn't happen. AND there'd no more terrorism, war, famine, etc.
        Just think how great it would be if they could implant the id card into our brains.

Anyone thinking of not voting for New Liebour could be identified and re-educated before they had a chance to commit the crime.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
          It sounds as though he was being a stroppy old git.
          Stroppy? No bleedin' wonder!! He looks like Old Father Time, by all accounts, and he's asked if he's over 21? FFS!!! And, if his account is accurate, the staff were utter tit-heads.

Comment

If, when asked if he was over 21, he had said "no, I am 20", they would have laughed!!!!!
            "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

"It sounds as though he was being a stroppy old git."

No I think he was right. Why should a pensioner have to prove that he is over 21 - surely there is a point where common sense comes into play? It's not like the local pikeys are going to start going out dressed as pensioners in order to get served. Why didn't the manager just take him to one side and serve him? Sounds more like the manager was just being some kind of jobsworth.

I was behind a woman who was asked for ID. She responded with 'I'm 28'. The woman on the till, and also on her own little power trip basically told her to prove it or she wouldn't serve her. It just struck me that the woman on the till was an @rse and that she was just out to make life difficult for the shopper.
              Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

I tell her to count the rings on my nob.

Comment

Originally posted by daviejones View Post
                  If, when asked if he was over 21, he had said "no, I am 20", they would have laughed!!!!!
                  That seems unlikely. They seem to have been a bunch of humour-free, twatty bumholes.

Comment

Originally posted by DBA_bloke View Post
                    That seems unlikely. They seem to have been a bunch of humour-free, twatty bumholes.
                    That was almost poetic...
                    "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Working...
                    X