PDA

View Full Version : Mourinho

wendigo100
20th September 2007, 08:40
Better off out of it.

You don't win things by undermining your manager (ask Newcastle fans).

And "Directors of football" are for numpty clubs like Spurs and Leicester City.

cailin maith
20th September 2007, 08:42
Shame tho' he was the best bit of eye candy for the girlies in a long time.... :ohwell

wendigo100
20th September 2007, 08:46
Shame tho' he was the best bit of eye candy for the girlies in a long time.... :ohwellThere's always Wenger, Ferguson, Jol and Benitez! :rollin:

gingerjedi
20th September 2007, 08:49
Hmmmm I wonder if I tried the same tactic...

'Hi boss, pay me up to the end of my contract and I'll go now'. :rolleyes:

Swiss Tony
20th September 2007, 08:58
Low attendance, you get more in a championship match, and a club which is constantly making a loss,

Chelski Chelski Chelski …..

See money doesn’t buy you happiness!

wendigo100
20th September 2007, 09:12
"We aim to be bigger than Man Utd by 2013"

"Our business plan is to win the Champions League twice in the next six years"

...they sound cheap.

moorfield
20th September 2007, 09:17
"We aim to be bigger than Man Utd by 2013"

"Our business plan is to win the Champions League twice in the next six years"

Hmmm, didn't we hear something similar from Leeds Utd about 8 yrs ago, and look what happened to them ....

cailin maith
20th September 2007, 09:21
There's always Wenger, Ferguson, Jol and Benitez! :rollin:

I think I'll pass on them, although I have met Wenger twice now and he's actually a really nice man.

FiveTimes
20th September 2007, 09:26
Hmmm, didn't we hear something similar from Leeds Utd about 8 yrs ago, and look what happened to them ....

Slight difference between Leeds and the Chavs, on borrowed money and speculated on future success, the other is funded by a wealthy man and just wants to be entertained after spending 500/600m.

BoredBloke
20th September 2007, 09:32
"I think I'll pass on them, although I have met Wenger twice now and he's actually a really nice man."

But seemed to be more interested in your kids

cailin maith
20th September 2007, 09:34
Lol - nope.... no kids!

TheFaQQer
20th September 2007, 09:51
Hmmmm I wonder if I tried the same tactic...

'Hi boss, pay me up to the end of my contract and I'll go now'. :rolleyes:

To be fair, Jose only got 2 of the remaining 3 years of his contract paid off, according to rumours.

So, only £10million instead of £15million

wendigo100
20th September 2007, 10:04
So where now for the special one? I doubt he'll stay in England. Unless he succeeds Sir Alex... :eek

Swiss Tony
20th September 2007, 10:06
I’d like to see him manage a lower club to find out if he really is ‘the special one’.:rolleyes:

Though I doubt they could keep up with his ego and wages!

wendigo100
20th September 2007, 10:11
I’d like to see him manage a lower club to find out if he really is ‘the special one’.:rolleyes:He did, in Portugal with a club I cannot remember the name of. Then he took Porto, a middling club, to winning the Champions League. I think he's proved his worth.

FiveTimes
20th September 2007, 10:16
Get rid on Mclaren, and spend as much as you can on bringing Jose on board as England manager

Cooperinliverp00l
20th September 2007, 10:22
There are jobs going in my team if he wants one all he has to do is ask me

BoredBloke
20th September 2007, 10:25
"Then he took Porto, a middling club, to winning the Champions League."

What he did with Porto was good, but personally I thought how they played under him was a disgrace. They cheated their way to victory beating Celtic the year before their CL win. Their game plan seemd to be

Once the goalkeeper gets the ball
1 - kick to somebody at about the half way line
2 - that person waits for a challenge and then drops like he has just taken a snipers bullet
3 - from the free kick, hoof the ball into the box and try to get somebody on the end of it.

If the other team has the ball and they are breaking, pull them back/down, giving away a free kick, but allowing them to get all 11 behind the ball.

If they are in the lead, play for as much time as possible by rolling around and pretending to be injured. They were able to do this to Oscar standard.

But then from the game with Liverpool it seems that Porto still do this.

TheFaQQer
20th September 2007, 10:27
So where now for the special one? I doubt he'll stay in England. Unless he succeeds Sir Alex... :eek

Scottish football - that's the future.

Loads of cash, and no chance of getting beaten if he picks Rangers / Celtic. 20 consecutive "premiership" titles...

DBA_bloke
20th September 2007, 10:33
Is this something to do with football, then? Yawn.

FCSimmo
20th September 2007, 10:38
"Then he took Porto, a middling club, to winning the Champions League."

What he did with Porto was good, but personally I thought how they played under him was a disgrace. They cheated their way to victory beating Celtic the year before their CL win. Their game plan seemd to be

Once the goalkeeper gets the ball
1 - kick to somebody at about the half way line
2 - that person waits for a challenge and then drops like he has just taken a snipers bullet
3 - from the free kick, hoof the ball into the box and try to get somebody on the end of it.

If the other team has the ball and they are breaking, pull them back/down, giving away a free kick, but allowing them to get all 11 behind the ball.

If they are in the lead, play for as much time as possible by rolling around and pretending to be injured. They were able to do this to Oscar standard.

But then from the game with Liverpool it seems that Porto still do this.

That's a bit harsh... Porto had some great players at the time and they certainly played better football than Chelsea have over the past 12 months... although you can't deny the cheating element, they are naturas when it comes to that!

What's that noise? is it a bubble bursting?

wendigo100
20th September 2007, 10:41
What he did with Porto was good, but personally I thought how they played under him was a disgrace. They cheated their way to victory beating Celtic the year before their CL win. Europeans have a different attitude to diving than us. We blame the cheat, then we blame the referee.

But in Europe they blame their own players for allowing themselves to get conned!

I read an interesting book by Vialli on the subject. It is part of the game over there, and they wonder why the British get upset about it.

FCSimmo
20th September 2007, 11:00
Spot on, they see it as a talent... The South Americans are the same, if you manage to get conned it's your look out and I'm clearly smarter than you...

Think I'd rather lose than lower myself to those levels...

FCSimmo
20th September 2007, 11:01
ps. we are Europeans too...

Bagpuss
20th September 2007, 11:24
looks like it's normal service resumed with a straight fight between United and Arse for the title

FiveTimes
20th September 2007, 11:30
looks like it's normal service resumed with a straight fight between United and Arse for the title

Oi.... what about Liverpool ?? Game in hand, unbeaten etc..... :mad

Swiss Tony
20th September 2007, 11:32
Last won the league 89-90 :rolleyes:

FiveTimes
20th September 2007, 11:41

True, but they can't be written off yet...

I assume you are talking about the prem league, and not the champions league '05 :banana::banana:

TheFaQQer
20th September 2007, 11:46
Oi.... what about Liverpool ?? Game in hand, unbeaten etc..... :mad

When Max gets sacked, and the Special One takes over, then there's a chance...

FiveTimes
20th September 2007, 11:50
When Max gets sacked, and the Special One takes over, then there's a chance...

The only was that would work is for Jose to come and be Rafa's #2 then he can learn how to work under a true master of European football...

Bagpuss
20th September 2007, 11:52
True, but they can't be written off yet...

I assume you are talking about the prem league, and not the champions league '05 :banana::banana:

Unfortunately you can't win the league by coming 3rd

gingerjedi
20th September 2007, 12:27

Eh? So are they destined to never win it again then? Before 2005 Chelski hadn't won the top league title since 1955... 50 years!!!

Man ure had a 26 year gap before they started winning it just about every season and the Arse had an 18 year wilderness period in the 70's and 80's ( I wonder why??!!) before they started to compete and fill in the few gap years that Man ure left open.

DBA_bloke
20th September 2007, 12:45
Manchester City's Trophy Room was burgled this morning, with everything having been taken. Police are looking for a man carrying a light blue carpet.

wendigo100
20th September 2007, 12:45
The only was that would work is for Jose to come and be Rafa's #2 then he can learn how to work under a true master of European football...I don't think Gerrard can carry two managers on his back! :laugh

Bagpuss
20th September 2007, 12:51
Maybe Maureen could teach him how to win the prem for the first time

Swiss Tony
20th September 2007, 13:19
Eh? So are they destined to never win it again then? Before 2005 Chelski hadn't won the top league title since 1955... 50 years!!!

Man ure had a 26 year gap before they started winning it just about every season and the Arse had an 18 year wilderness period in the 70's and 80's ( I wonder why??!!) before they started to compete and fill in the few gap years that Man ure left open.

Just a bit of Banter, Pool have come very close and have also won major cups. Nice to know that you can still be wound up! :D

wendigo100
20th September 2007, 13:35
Manchester City's Trophy Room was burgled this morning, with everything having been taken. Police are looking for a man carrying a light blue carpet.:laugh

If Joe Mercer were alive today he'd be turning in his grave!

Swiss Tony
20th September 2007, 14:00
Mourinho expecting £25m pay-off FFS!!

http://http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/7004780.stm

Moscow Mule
20th September 2007, 14:15
Mourinho expecting £25m pay-off FFS!!

http://http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/7004780.stm

Christ, it's an exodus. He's taking everybody with him according to this article...

wendigo100
20th September 2007, 14:30
Christ, it's an exodus. He's taking everybody with him according to this article...But not Steve Clarke.

FiveTimes
20th September 2007, 15:00
Christ, it's an exodus. He's taking everybody with him according to this article...

and Lampard hasn't agreed a new deal yet, so he could be off in January to which ever club Jose joins.

Nicky G
20th September 2007, 15:01
Look, Jose was just not TASTIE enough. That's the way it is...

Lucy
20th September 2007, 15:05
The 'drama' around his dog made me laugh, I heard the news, imagined it would be a great ugly rottweiller or something.

Turned out to be a yappy little terrier.

Bizarre.

wendigo100
20th September 2007, 15:06
and Lampard hasn't agreed a new deal yet, so he could be off in January to which ever club Jose joins.Well, Mourinho won't be going to:

CSKA Moscow
Anyone without plenty of money
Anywhere in Italy

That leaves Man Utd, Real Madrid, Barca or Bayern Munich.

IMHO

FiveTimes
20th September 2007, 15:16
Well, Mourinho won't be going to:

CSKA Moscow
Anyone without plenty of money
Anywhere in Italy

That leaves Man Utd, Real Madrid, Barca or Bayern Munich.

IMHO

I can't see him at Barca. One of the reasons he left Chelsea was that he didn't play expansive football, and Barca expect to be entertained.
Bayern aren't in the champions league this year, so that rules them out.
Real again expect attacking football, but appear to have started the season quite well.
I think Jose would be well suited to the Italian league, AC Millan/Inter/Juve, and Lampard could fit in really well in Italy.

DBA_bloke
20th September 2007, 15:28
Look, Jose was just not TASTIE enough. That's the way it is...

Nicky - did you chew through the wrist straps, again?

wendigo100
20th September 2007, 15:37
I think Jose would be well suited to the Italian league, AC Millan/Inter/Juve, and Lampard could fit in really well in Italy.I believe he has said in the past that Italy wouldn't suit him. Can't remember why.

Bayern will be in the CL next year.

snaw
20th September 2007, 16:10
He got a £20 million pay off apparently - maybe he's in a position to sit and wait - Ferguson's successor maybe?

BoredBloke
20th September 2007, 16:14
"I can't see him at Barca"

And their fans hate him

snaw
20th September 2007, 16:24
Bottom line is none of the major european clubs are in trouble nor are they likely to sack their manager this early in the season. When one does I'm sure he'll be in the running - but I guess it depends on how much onctorl he get's as to wheteher or not he'll take it.

I'll miss him, because every pantomime needs a baddy. Plus he's a bloody good manager.

Clownio
21st September 2007, 15:51
Cards on the table time......

I'm really pissed off that Abramovich has forced Jose out of Chelsea. I know that he's bank-rolled the resurgence in the club but regardless of that who is actually responsible for the way the team has played on the pitch and and achieved what they have over the last couple of years? Back to back titles, FA cup, Carling Cup etc in THREE years, this is unheard of, and to sacrifice this for the sake of petty personal differences - and three indifferent performances - seems ridiculous. In a way I hope Frank Lampard leaves along with all the other dissolusioned players and teaches Abramovich a lesson. The person they respected was Jose and not him and if this is displayed on the pitch then good. On to Grant…since when has being coach of the Israeli team and director of football at portsmouth (FFS) qualified you to take charge at a top-four club? It's obvious that he commands no respect from the players and the sooner he's gone the better.

So there !