• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Slip sliding away...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slip sliding away...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/north_east/7003444.stm

1000 feet long slide... 'King 'eck...

Hilarious! I liked the friend's "We tested it properly, honest we did." sort of claptrap. I only hope it ends up on You've Been Framed.

Comment

However stupid it was, a man died.......
      "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Originally posted by DBA_bloke View Post
        Hilarious! I liked the friend's "We tested it properly, honest we did." sort of claptrap. I only hope it ends up on You've Been Framed.
        They tend to shy away from video where folk have died....
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by daviejones View Post
          ... but in a thoroughly entertaining, ridiculous, and side-splittingly funny way!

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
            They tend to shy away from video where folk have died....
            Shame.

Comment

Originally posted by DBA_bloke View Post
              ... but in a thoroughly entertaining, ridiculous, and side-splittingly funny way!
              Sorry, cannot see it that way!!!
              "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

My biggest fear is dying in an embarrassing way.

Can you imagine the wake? All very hushed and and sober, then, someone starts chuckling, and before you know it, everyones pissing themselves. Nightmare.

Comment

How soon before we have new legislation banning lethal DEATH SLIDES?

I was building them 30 years ago in the Scouts, there were maximum heights & lengths then Inspections were carried out etc before & during use. We didn't have any serious accidents (a few people intentionally jumping the brake and hitting the tree cartoon stylie were par for the course.).
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by daviejones View Post
                    Empathy can be sadly lacking here I'm afraid, davie. I've had a verbal spanking for voicing similar thoughts in the past myself.

Comment

Working...
                    X