PDA

View Full Version : Holier than thou Muslims ...

sasguru
20th September 2007, 12:57
Been to the canteen for lunch, some hijabed Muslim bint (born here judging by her accent) was talking to her mate about how she used to be all western and wore miniskirts and drank and how she was so much happier now she had removed all these influences from her life and how she felt guilty when she missed one of the obligatory prayer times etc etc ad nauseum.
What a load of utter bullcrap. The fact is any ultra-religious types are self-deluded idiots.

Old Greg
20th September 2007, 12:58
What a load of utter bullcrap. The fact is any ultra-religious types are self-deluded idiots.

Or indeed any religious types.

Bagpuss
20th September 2007, 13:00
Been to the canteen for lunch, some hijabed Muslim bint (born here judging by her accent) was talking to her mate about how she used to be all western and wore miniskirts and drank and how she was so much happier now she had removed all these influences from her life and how she felt guilty when she missed one of the obligatory prayer times etc etc ad nauseum.

Is this the effect you have on women?

daviejones
20th September 2007, 13:01
Maybe she should go back to some Eastern backward country to completely cleanse herself of all Western influences?

Clippy
You should have butted in and asked what the feck she was doing in the canteen during Ramadan.

That would have shut her up.

Failing that, should have asked her on a date and requested she wore a mini skirt and b00b tube.

Pondlife
No worse than born again Christians....

Or reformed smokers to be honest ;)

chicane
20th September 2007, 13:03

Why do you have a problem with this? The great thing about self-deluded idiots is that they are happy in themselves. You should only have a problem if they start pushing their blinkered theories directly onto you.

daviejones

How about reformed christians that have given up smoking? Or reformed smokers that have given up christaining...:D

Pondlife
How about reformed christians that have given up smoking? Or reformed smokers that have given up christaining...:D

Burn them for being heretics!

Bagpuss
20th September 2007, 13:04
Maybe she should go back to some Eastern backward county to completely cleanse herself of all Western influences?

Are you sugesting she should move to Norfolk and to burn her Worzels albums?

gingerjedi
20th September 2007, 13:05
She was weak and needed a bit of direction in life, unfortunately for her she decided to narrow her mind rather than expand it.

Did she have nice eyes? :wink

Andy2
20th September 2007, 13:05
maybe she is not a looker and want to hide her body.
hijab is great for ugly women

wendigo100
20th September 2007, 13:17
You should have butted in and asked what the feck she was doing in the canteen during Ramadan.Excellent! :laugh

Swiss Tony
20th September 2007, 13:21
Born again Christians don't generally make a habit of exploding...

You try opening a Mosque in the Bible belt …..

Equally try having a shop open in the Sabbath and see how long it takes em to lynch you!

hyperD
20th September 2007, 13:24

Unless you point out the contradictions in the bible, rip apart their dubious theory how old the world is etc... then they get really angry

Old Greg
20th September 2007, 13:25

Nuns do.

BoredBloke
20th September 2007, 13:26
The trouble is, if you'd said something and it kicked off big time it would have been your fault for causing a Ramadan a ding dong

I'll get my coat!

Old Greg
20th September 2007, 13:28
Is it on YouTube?

Nun of your business.

daviejones
20th September 2007, 13:33
The trouble is, if you'd said something and it kicked off big time it would have been your fault for causing a Ramadan a ding dong

I'll get my coat!

You should be on stage...with a brush!

DBA_bloke
20th September 2007, 13:37
I bet when she gets home, it's ciggies & booze all the way, and go hang the feckin' prayer mat!

Churchill
20th September 2007, 13:37

What the feck was she doing in the canteen?

Isn't it ramalamadingdong or something?

chicane
20th September 2007, 13:39

'Tis the way of most religious people. Choose the bits of the religion that you like, and ignore the bits that you don't.

Hence America, supposedly the most Christian country in the world.

Old Greg
20th September 2007, 13:39

My Muslim colleaue came to sit with us today in the canteen for a chat. Perhaps that's what was going on.

DBA_bloke
20th September 2007, 13:42
My Muslim colleaue came to sit with us today in the canteen for a chat. Perhaps that's what was going on.

Was said Muslim colleague carrying a package on the way in, but not on the way out? Careful.

Old Greg
20th September 2007, 13:43
Was said Muslim colleague carrying a package on the way in, but not on the way out? Careful.

No, he's a nice guy, rather than a racist sterotype.

daviejones
20th September 2007, 13:45
Basil?

Yeah, but Basil would be the clever one!!!

DBA_bloke
20th September 2007, 13:46
No, he's a nice guy, rather than a racist sterotype.

Who mentioned race? You racist!

Old Greg
20th September 2007, 13:47
Presumably being Muslim and observing Ramadan in Mid Summer north of the Arctic Circle makes for a short life...

I was chatting to my colleague about this yesterday. In midsummer, Muslims living in such places use the 'timetable' of a more Southerly latitude.

Old Greg
20th September 2007, 13:48
Who mentioned race? You racist!

Mentioning race does not make someone racist.

DBA_bloke
20th September 2007, 13:51
Mentioning race does not make someone racist.

But you implied (you rotter) that I had. Anyway, as I said, watch out for those packages. Only thinking of your safety.

Old Greg
20th September 2007, 14:00
But you implied (you rotter) that I had. Anyway, as I said, watch out for those packages. Only thinking of your safety.

No, I didn't imply that you had mentioned race, I implied that you had applied a racist stereotype to my colleague, who as I said is a nice guy. Now, it is arguable that it was a religious stereotype, and there is a debate to be had about the extent to which Islamaphobia is a form of racism, but to me it just looks like a continuation of a historic dislike of brown people. However, I am very very hungover and consequently:

a) Struggling with coherent reasoning (no change there)
b) Grumpy

DBA_bloke
20th September 2007, 14:16
No, I didn't imply that you had mentioned race, I implied that you had applied a racist stereotype to my colleague, who as I said is a nice guy. Now, it is arguable that it was a religious stereotype, and there is a debate to be had about the extent to which Islamaphobia is a form of racism, but to me it just looks like a continuation of a historic dislike of brown people. However, I am very very hungover and consequently:

b) Grumpy

Fair enough. I am sure he's lovely - but those packages...

sasguru
20th September 2007, 14:22

?

Having a chat. Our canteen is unfortunately also a meeting point.
Anyway as I was forced to listen to her crap (no other seats available) I made a point of slurping and chewing on my pork chop.

sasguru
20th September 2007, 14:26

b) Grumpy

No, disliking Islamism because of its (temporary?) lack of reason has nothing to do with the race of the person involved. It's quite clearly absurd and hypocritical for a Western born muslim to completely turn their back on the host culture. To then mouth on about it with a holier-than-thou attitude, in an annoying little girl voice really got my goat.

Flubster
20th September 2007, 14:26
Anyway as I was forced to listen to her crap (no other seats available) I made a point of slurping and chewing on my pork chop.
Never heard it called that before. You must be very flexible. Do you do gymnastics....?

ChimpMaster
20th September 2007, 14:28

Yeah not many of us guys can reach our own pork chop for a quick chew.

Well done there, well done. :laugh

You could also have slapped your sausage about a bit under her table, and watched her squeal with joy.

sasguru
20th September 2007, 14:30
Yeah not many of us guys can reach our own pork chop for a quick chew.

Well done there, well done. :laugh

You could also have slapped your sausage about a bit under her table, and watched her squeal with joy.

:laugh

It's a gristly, tough piece of meat, I can tell yer.

Andy2
20th September 2007, 14:33
I was chatting to my colleague about this yesterday. In midsummer, Muslims living in such places use the 'timetable' of a more Southerly latitude.

in other words bend the rules to suit them
if they were true muslim they will starve to death

Old Greg
20th September 2007, 14:37
in other words bend the rules to suit them
if they were true muslim they will starve to death

No - that's not the purpose of Ramadan. Lots of Muslims (young children, the ill, diabetic etc.) are not expected to follow the dawn to dusk fasting rule but to participate as well as they can. The same applies to Muslims living in the Arctic. So there.

Andy2
20th September 2007, 14:44
The same applies to Muslims living in the Arctic. So there.
so does it say in Quran that muslims living in arctic are exmpt ?

cailin maith
20th September 2007, 14:46
[QUOTE=Andy2;305221]so does it say in Quran that muslims living in arctic are exmpt ?[/QUOTE

Crikey - he is already grumpy - don't make him worse!!

Old Greg
20th September 2007, 14:47
so does it say in Quran that muslims living in arctic are exmpt ?

What's that got to do with it?

Old Greg
20th September 2007, 14:53
Copied from wiki (all that I'm capable of):

If one is sick, nursing or travelling, one is considered exempt from fasting. According to the Qur'an, for all other cases, not fasting is only permitted when the act is potentially dangerous to one's health - for example; those elderly who are too weak to fast for extended periods of time, diabetics, nursing, and pregnant women.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sawm

I reckon that if the sun doesn't set for four weeks, it would be dangerous to one's health. Next.

daviejones
20th September 2007, 14:54
IMO they are a hypocritical bunch...butthat is my opinion, not being racist.

Lucy
20th September 2007, 14:55

Isn't that cannibalism sas?

King Cnvt
Who gives a shit about some medieval brainwashing irrelevant nonesense. Pity the Koran doesn't say stick your fingers in the electric socket.

Old Greg
IMO they are a hypocritical bunch...butthat is my opinion, not being racist.

IMO all religious people are hypocrites and fools.

Churchill
20th September 2007, 14:56

What moral code do you live by?

daviejones

I would tend to agree...

King Cnvt
What moral code do you live by?

Fook them before they fook you.

fook you.

Churchill
20th September 2007, 14:57
Fook them before they fook you.

fook you.

You are not fooking me!

Old Greg
20th September 2007, 14:59
You are not fooking me!

You love it.

sasguru
20th September 2007, 14:59

Aye. I am just as irritated by the so-called, self-styled "born-again" Christians (here Chico, here:laugh) or Hindus who want to save a mangy old cow because it's holy.

Old Greg
20th September 2007, 15:01
Aye. I am just as irritated by the so-called, self-styled "born-again" Christians (here Chico, here:laugh) or Hindus who want to save a mangy old cow because it's holy.

I thought the cow thing was quite sweet really. Absolutely barking mad, but sweet.

cailin maith
20th September 2007, 15:03

I dunno - if youare not forcing your beliefs down everyone elses neck, then you can believe what you want..... foolish or not!

cailin maith
20th September 2007, 15:04
Sorry my spelling is awful, today!

gingerjedi
20th September 2007, 15:07
I've never had a nice curry during Ramadan.:rolleyes:

sasguru
20th September 2007, 15:08
I've never had a nice curry during Ramadan.:rolleyes:

Try an Indian restaurant, you knob.

Old Greg
20th September 2007, 15:14
I dunno - if youare not forcing your beliefs down everyone elses neck, then you can believe what you want..... foolish or not!

They can believe want they like but they're still hypocrites and fools.

FCSimmo
20th September 2007, 15:16

you're not wrong...

hmmm... this mohammed blokey says I have to grow my beard to a specific length... right, that sounds like the sort of thing a god would be concerned about therefor he must exist!

Is it me or is Islam a Monty Python sketch that got out of hand?

cailin maith
20th September 2007, 15:17

My my..... we are incredibly grumpy today.....

gingerjedi
20th September 2007, 15:18
Try an Indian restaurant, you knob.

I don't know what it’s like around your neck of the woods but around here 95% of curry restaurants are run by Bangladeshi Muslims... gristly knob.

DBA_bloke
20th September 2007, 15:20
I don't know what it’s like around your neck of the woods but around here 95% of curry restaurants are run by Bangladeshi Muslims... gristly knob.

Same where I live - but then I live in Bangladesh... the commute's a sod.

Mailman
20th September 2007, 15:25

As Ive said a number of times previous, the Eye-ranian females taking part in some recent poof ball event there couldnt understand the poms who had turned up demanding the right to dress like a star wars extra when they had spent all their lives trying to stop impersonating Jawa's! :D

Mailman

sasguru
20th September 2007, 15:26
As Ive said a number of times previous, the Eye-ranian females taking part in some recent poof ball event there couldnt understand the poms who had turned up demanding the right to dress like a star wars extra when they had spent all their lives trying to stop impersonating Jawa's! :D

Mailman

Thanks for that contribution, Postie. Cogent and relevant as usual.

Mailman
20th September 2007, 15:35
You know that I know that you know that I know you have been waiting for a posting from me!

Dont deny it...if you do Ill have to lop yer head off, you infadel! :rollin:

Mailman

Clippy
20th September 2007, 15:47
You know that I know that you know that I know you have been waiting for a posting from me!

Mailman

Get your peanut around this one then, Einstein.

http://forums.contractoruk.com/general/21018-one-mailman.html

lilelvis2000
20th September 2007, 15:56

Women who are in "that time of the month" are exempt from the fast.

King Cnvt
20th September 2007, 16:04
Women who are in "that time of the month" are exempt from the fast.

Lucky bleeders!

Sysman
20th September 2007, 17:31
Basil?

Being on stage with a Basil probably means he's called Derek.

HTH

Sysman
20th September 2007, 17:41
I thought the cow thing was quite sweet really. Absolutely barking mad, but sweet.

Especially once curried.

xoggoth
20th September 2007, 18:57
demanding the right to dress like a star wars extra when they had spent all their lives trying to stop impersonating Jawa's!

Dont follow. Why would anyone want to impersonate an old Czech motorcycle?

Nicky G
20th September 2007, 19:04

That's not nice. Maybe she has progressed spiritually?

Nicky G
20th September 2007, 19:13
Each to their own. I mean, let the woman be happy. She might be a nice lady for all you know. Each to their own.

Maxamus
20th September 2007, 19:48
"Been to the canteen for lunch, some hijabed Muslim bint (born here judging by her accent) was talking to her mate about how she used to be all western and wore miniskirts and drank and how she was so much happier now she had removed all these influences from her life and how she felt guilty when she missed one of the obligatory prayer times etc etc ad nauseum.
What a load of utter bullcrap. "

So let me get this straight, just because she was wearing a hijab you didnt like it?
It seems to me that its you that has the problem not her. How is this situation any different to any other female sat chatting to her friend about anything?

If she feels better now for her actions then whats your problem with it?

It sounds to me that you've got a problem with her removing social influences from her life.

Just live and let and lets move forward not backward which you clearly are.

"The fact is any ultra-religious types are self-deluded idiots."

Looks like this is a generalisation on your part. Seems you me that you think all people who follow a religion are idiots. Well, that would be BILLIONs of people then. Infact i would go as far as saying that atleast 50% of the worlds population follow a religion. And, 50% of the entire population on earth is ALOT of people. Clearly they are all self-deluded idiots then......?

sasguru
20th September 2007, 21:58
"Been to the canteen for lunch, some hijabed Muslim bint (born here judging by her accent) was talking to her mate about how she used to be all western and wore miniskirts and drank and how she was so much happier now she had removed all these influences from her life and how she felt guilty when she missed one of the obligatory prayer times etc etc ad nauseum.
What a load of utter bullcrap. "

So let me get this straight, just because she was wearing a hijab you didnt like it?
It seems to me that its you that has the problem not her. How is this situation any different to any other female sat chatting to her friend about anything?

If she feels better now for her actions then whats your problem with it?

It sounds to me that you've got a problem with her removing social influences from her life.

Just live and let and lets move forward not backward which you clearly are.

"The fact is any ultra-religious types are self-deluded idiots."

Looks like this is a generalisation on your part. Seems you me that you think all people who follow a religion are idiots. Well, that would be BILLIONs of people then. Infact i would go as far as saying that atleast 50% of the worlds population follow a religion. And, 50% of the entire population on earth is ALOT of people. Clearly they are all self-deluded idiots then......?

Are you drunk? I objected to a holier-than-thou attitude and not stopping rabbiting about it. Coudn't care less what people wear.
And yes at least 50% of the population in the world are idiots. Can't you tell by watching the news?

SallyAnne
20th September 2007, 22:16

Disgusting habit. You're all going to die - and you all smell.

sasguru
20th September 2007, 22:19

Still off eh? Good stuff. It's about 1.5 years for me and I'm going to run a half-marathon next summer. Tis like a new lease of life.

SandyDown
20th September 2007, 22:22

Yeh you tell em girl .. they are all very smelly special people :laugh

BoredBloke
20th September 2007, 23:10
"Or reformed smokers to be honest

Disgusting habit. You're all going to die - and you all smell. "

but I thought they made you look cool and therefore it was more likely for girls to let you do stuff to them.

DBA_bloke
21st September 2007, 07:03
Still off eh? Good stuff. It's about 1.5 years for me and I'm going to run a half-marathon next summer. Tis like a new lease of life.

Compare and contrast:
Keith Richards and Jim Fixx.

BA to the Stars
21st September 2007, 09:28
No, disliking Islamism because of its (temporary?) lack of reason has nothing to do with the race of the person involved. It's quite clearly absurd and hypocritical for a Western born muslim to completely turn their back on the host culture. To then mouth on about it with a holier-than-thou attitude, in an annoying little girl voice really got my goat.

But with it being ramadan, she shouldn't bite the hand that feeds her (well not during daylight)
(I'll get me coat)

Mailman
21st September 2007, 10:42
Get your peanut around this one then, Einstein.

http://forums.contractoruk.com/general/21018-one-mailman.html

Looks like the thread got about the attention it deserved! :rollin:

Mailman

Mailman
21st September 2007, 10:44
Dont follow. Why would anyone want to impersonate an old Czech motorcycle?

Probably why them eye-rainians couldnt figure there chav sisters out eh? :D

Mailman

Pondlife
21st September 2007, 10:49
Probably why them eye-rainians couldnt figure there chav sisters out eh? :D

Mailman

Can anyone translate this for me?:confused:

oracleslave
21st September 2007, 10:50
Can anyone translate this for me?:confused:

err...nope

Clippy
21st September 2007, 11:01
Looks like the thread got about the attention it deserved! :rollin:

Mailman

Looks like the articles made you look like the plank you are. :rollin:

trsisko
21st September 2007, 14:57
another pointless thread, she probably meant like drinking and clubbing, doesnt mean she doesnt do normal things lol like talk to ppl, like she was in the cantten before some twat of an It contractor decides to over hear and stir shit up on this site.

its not bourn again christian shit its just muslims r muslims , not backward lol

DBA_bloke
21st September 2007, 15:02
another pointless thread, she probably meant like drinking and clubbing, doesnt mean she doesnt do normal things lol like talk to ppl, like she was in the cantten before some twat of an It contractor decides to over hear and stir shit up on this site.

its not bourn again christian shit its just muslims r muslims , not backward lol

Please, none of your teenage txtspk shite. Thank you.
Learn to spell, too. Ta.
Oh, and learn to punctuate. Cheers!

EqualOpportunities
21st September 2007, 15:51
Please, none of your teenage txtspk shite. Thank you.
Learn to spell, too. Ta.
Oh, and learn to punctuate. Cheers!

Hear, hear!

sasguru
21st September 2007, 17:57

Yeah thanks for that contribution, innit?

NotAllThere
22nd September 2007, 10:49
... really got my goat.

Ah, you're a satanist.

Mailman
25th September 2007, 14:13
Looks like the articles made you look like the plank you are. :rollin:

Hahaha...and all those that commented at the time in your thread! peow peow! :rollin:

Mailman

daviejones
25th September 2007, 14:29

Did you type with the boxing glove on again?

Clippy
25th September 2007, 15:11
Hahaha...and all those that commented at the time in your thread! peow peow:rollin:

Mailman

The fact that no one commented is irrelevant.

The fact that you didn't, speaks volumes!:rolleyes: