• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

This sort of thing annoys me

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This sort of thing annoys me

http://www.acenet.co.uk/index.cfm?fu...tem=506&page=4

Let me ask two questions:

1. If there were no recruitment agencies then would this mean that there would be enough engineers to go round?
    2. If someone leaves a job after 3 months is it really because of the recruitment agency?

We may all be scumbags and shysters but we are here because that is how the market wants us.
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    http://www.acenet.co.uk/index.cfm?fu...tem=506&page=4

Let me ask two questions:

1. If there were no recruitment agencies then would this mean that there would be enough engineers to go round?
    2. If someone leaves a job after 3 months is it really because of the recruitment agency?

We may all be scumbags and shysters but we are here because that is how the market wants us.
    Must be something wrong with your opinion poll.

The last straw-pole I ran wanted you all hung up by the bollocks.

Still, you can say what you want with statistics these days...

Comment

You have to admit, by and large, you are an unethical bunch dodge...

Comment

We need recruitment agents like fish need tits.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy View Post
          You have to admit, by and large, you are an unethical bunch dodge...

That may be true. If we are and you dont like it (the clients I mean) then dont feckiing use us. If agents are earning good money by being dodgy bast***s then their () behaviour must be acceptable.
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Witches. Burn them.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
              Witches. Burn them.
              The UK would still be short of 20,000 engineers and there would be no one to hate. A vacuum that would I wager soon be filled by contractors.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                Witches. Burn them.
                Are you trying to suggest that Dodgy weighs the same as a duck?

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                  The UK would still be short of 20,000 engineers and there would be no one to hate. A vacuum that would I wager soon be filled by contractors.
                  I'll take the chance if we can burn you all.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                    Are you trying to suggest that Dodgy weighs the same as a duck?
                    No, he's too fat - bloated on the blood and bones of poor defenceless contractors.

Comment

Working...
                    X