• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Qe2

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Qe2

Well i'm sat at my desk whilst watching the QE2 dock in Liverpool....wow she a big one !!! Shame it's p1ssing down for the passengers and steady stream of people watching it in the rain.

Just why is it going to dubai and not staying in this country....as i know nothing about boats is it not a British one ? and is so we are giving away more of our history
    Thats the way the cookie crumbles

I met some people off it in Barcelona this summer. It was docked next to one of the Carnival boats, which by comparison dwarfed it and made the QE2 look dated.
    A closer inspection showed just how tatty it had gotten. It needs replacing and Cunard should be applauded for getting shot.

What we should be lamenting is why did we close down all our shipbuilding industry and miss the boom in cruise boat building.
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
      I met some people off it in Barcelona this summer. It was docked next to one of the Carnival boats, which by comparison dwarfed it and made the QE2 look dated.
      A closer inspection showed just how tatty it had gotten. It needs replacing and Cunard should be applauded for getting shot.

What we should be lamenting is why did we close down all our shipbuilding industry and miss the boom in cruise boat building.
      It's got Cunard written on the side is this the owners of it then ?? (told you i knew nothing about ships)

Comment

Originally posted by Cooperinliverp00l View Post
        It's got Cunard written on the side is this the owners of it then ?? (told you i knew nothing about ships)
        Have you not tried nicking its wheels yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
          Have you not tried nicking its wheels yet?

Didn't bring my snorkel gear to get to the wheels. There are some nice looking lifeboats on there i might have a closer look at. I think i can see passengers eating breakfast......making me hungry

Comment

Liverpool's waterfront has to be the finest in the world.

Comment

QE2, what a dump, it is owned by the yanks anyway (part of the Carnival group).
              "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Comment

When I moved to America in 1985, we went across on QE2. Five days of luxury - shame I was a bit young to appreciate it all. They cocked up our restaurant booking, though, so they upgraded us to the first class dining room, which was pretty swanky.
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

If they upgrade it with more luxurious cabins and more courteous staff and improve the dining facilities it would make a great prison ship of asylum processing centre.

Only fair.
                  First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                    I blame Thatcher. Or the parents.

Comment

Working...
                    X