• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

MOO clarification.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MOO clarification.

I thought I know what Mutuality of Obligation was but …

My services as per my contract are paid on a daily basis. The contract doesn’t have a termination notice/period – it must be completed in full. ( 1 month )

During the last few days, the client hasn’t requested my services – They have things going on , and are not asking me in.

This is good because means there is no Mutuality of Obligations.

Have you encountered this and what do you do ? Obviously it is not good for the cash flow.

From “cash flow perspective” the best ( I think) is: Get another gig, and if the first client requests me in again, I just exercise my substitution clause or take time off the second client.

You're gona get some many cow jokes

Comment

Originally posted by 2uk View Post
      I thought I know what Mutuality of Obligation was but …

My services as per my contract are paid on a daily basis. The contract doesn’t have a termination notice/period – it must be completed in full. ( 1 month )

During the last few days, the client hasn’t requested my services – They have things going on , and are not asking me in.

This is good because means there is no Mutuality of Obligations.

Have you encountered this and what do you do ? Obviously it is not good for the cash flow.

From “cash flow perspective” the best ( I think) is: Get another gig, and if the first client requests me in again, I just exercise my substitution clause or take time off the second client.
      That's the whole idea, actually you'd be behaving like a business should.

Given that a clear lack of MOO is a very good thing, you really shouldn't complain if it means that sometimes there's no income as a result! However, at the end of the month work out your net income under IR35 rules and compare it to what you did actually earn. That might help...
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
        That's the whole idea, actually you'd be behaving like a business should.

Given that a clear lack of MOO is a very good thing, you really shouldn't complain if it means that sometimes there's no income as a result! However, at the end of the month work out your net income under IR35 rules and compare it to what you did actually earn. That might help...
        Thanks for warming my heart Mal. ( I am not gay , I am just a business man , but I do have a heart )

Comment

Working...
        X