• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Buying Shares

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buying Shares

does anyone know the procedure for buying shares using your Ltd on the stock exchange?

cheers
    We’re given little to no time for proper analysis and design, and, when we ask management about hiring professional testers and setting up a QA process—well, I’ve seen deer in my headlights look less stunned

-- The Career Programmer

sibantubanye

LTD companies aren't on the exchange. They're called PLCs.
    Oh dear

Comment

What is it, with signatures longer than the posts
      Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by RightLaugh View Post
        LTD companies aren't on the exchange. They're called PLCs.
        Oh dear
        Err.. I think he means buying them through his company...

Comment

Originally posted by FCSimmo View Post
          Err.. I think he means buying them through his company...
          Or she...

Comment

Originally posted by bledubd View Post
            does anyone know the procedure for buying shares using your Ltd on the stock exchange?

cheers
            You don't.

If you want to buy shares, buy them yourself, not through your company. You run the risk of being classed as an investment vehicle if you do that, which comes with a whole host of complexity and additional taxation to deal with.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Buying Shares

Yes, I meant buying them thru the company.

I know I can do it as an individual. I will probably have to get more info from my accountant.

Thanks
              We’re given little to no time for proper analysis and design, and, when we ask management about hiring professional testers and setting up a QA process—well, I’ve seen deer in my headlights look less stunned

-- The Career Programmer

sibantubanye

Comment

Originally posted by FCSimmo View Post
                Or she...
                But can you really be sure of that?
                "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

You can't Jog on, which is why I covered both bases... when I say cover both bases i don't mean those sort of bases, well you know what I mean!

Comment

I read that as 'buying shoes' - I've lost interest now...
                    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
                    X