• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Quizzes on Facebook

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quizzes on Facebook

In Smart Guy, What is T.J's first initail? (difficulty: moderate)
    J (4.6)
    T (77.5)
    S (3.3)
    . (1.3)
    skipped (13.2)
    How can 22.5% not get it?

Fecking pointless I tell you

DOH Facebook has finally been blocked at my work. it was fine yesterday now i have nothing.
    Thats the way the cookie crumbles

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
      How can 22.5% not get it?

Fecking pointless I tell you
      Initail? No wonder nobody knew.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooperinliverp00l View Post
        DOH Facebook has finally been blocked at my work. it was fine yesterday now i have nothing.
        Looks like you'll have to make do with the real world now.

Comment

Eh????? I have not the slightest idea what that quote is about. What is smart guy? who is TJ? Who on earth would have an initial of dot?

Note to CUK
          Will this board please provide a page explaining these things like latest TV progs, current bands, fancy sports cars etc. to us out of touch old farts? If this is not done within two weeks I shall sue under the age discrimination act. Or something.

PS What is facebook?
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

First helpful hint: Maggie's no longer in charge. HTH.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
              Eh????? I have not the slightest idea what that quote is about. What is smart guy? who is TJ? Who on earth would have an initial of dot?

I'm only 30 and don't have a clue about those things either
              Coffee's for closers

Comment

Have you ever noticed that TV (or what passes for tele-visual entertainment these days) only seems to cater mass-market for the 16-30 year olds ?

There are a plethora of programmes aimed squarely at this market, far too numerous to mention here, always on at peak times.

Yet for the larger age demographic of 30+, TV seems to ignore them completely. It's as if there was some sort of Logan's Directive in place from on high..."No one watche's TV after 30 years old..they are all dead aren't they ?"

Hence there is a real void in entertainment on the prime domestic channels in the evening. It's just one vacous and insipid Reality Doc-Drama / American Comedy / Home & Design show after another.

Gone are the days of the greats like Dad's Army, The Good Life, To The Manor Born, Yes Prime Minister, Rise and Fall of Reginal Perrin, Man About The House, George & Mildred, etc etc etc.

All gone....

Replaced by...

Grimebusters ! Pictures of vermin chewing someone's house alive.

Tell me..how is that entertainment ?
                Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Gone are the days of the greats like Dad's Army, The Good Life, To The Manor Born, Yes Prime Minister, Rise and Fall of Reginal Perrin, Man About The House, George & Mildred, etc etc etc.

All gone....

thank god (largely)

Replaced by...

Peep Show, Saxondale, The IT Crowd, Garth Merenghis Dark Place,
                  The Mighty Boosh

how could they compete with the might of 'Man about the house' "ooh look at her knickers " comedy class?

or classic upper class sexual frustration of to the manor Born.

never mind though.. 3 men in a wheelbarrow is still on

(last of the summer wine)
                  The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
                    Rise and Fall of Reginal Perrin,
                    I'm currently re watching that series, fantastic piece of comedy acting.
                    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Working...
                    X