• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone done anything weird at work?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone done anything weird at work?

...to see how other people react?

Wear sunglasses all day, wear fancy dress (eg smokey bear), etc.

Might be most effective on your first day. Or an important meeting. Or even an interview you don't really care about just to see if you still get the job.

Any thoughts on this? I'd love to know...
    Don't ask Beaker. He's just another muppet.

Yeah.

I told everyone I hate tea and coffee and didn't drink any for the whole contract!

In fact I LOVE tea!

what a devil!

Comment

Originally posted by dotnetter View Post
      Yeah.

I told everyone I hate tea and coffee and didn't drink any for the whole contract!

In fact I LOVE tea!

what a devil!
      You wild man, you

Comment

Yep. I've been busy working. Kinda weird, no?
        Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

When there was lots of debate in the news about religious imagery in the workplace (3-4 years ago), a couple of us got Greek orthodox icons of our favourite saints and hung them off the desk dividers.

Another client had a year-round Christmas tree that got redecorated every month to commemorate various events in history. I did that a couple of times.

Tried to persuade another to have a Bring Your Pets to Work Day, but they were having none of it.

Once got a mild ticking-off for selling illegally imported rare meat to the staff. (I didn't know it was illegal, but somebody was talking about it and I happened to know where to get the stuff).

& various similar stuff. You've got to keep it interesting, without being offensive.

Comment

Shaking someone's finger is an interesting start...

Comment

"I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Good one Lucy!

Comment

One job I did (when still a permie) was a little weird.

'Twas called Op GRANBY (Google it). That was pretty weird (not to mention bloody terrifying!).
                  Have patience. In time, even grass becomes milk.

Comment

Decorating the entire workshop with Sheep including poster size pictures & inflatable ones. They managers weren't sure how to handle that.

Favourite trick was reversing all the tools on a coworkers bench while they went to the toilet, did it repeatedly eventually he thought he was going mad when his cutters, soldering Iron were on his right instead of his left after the morning visit.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                    X