• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Weekend away

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weekend away

OK, I know I'm back from Hol's but need to get away again. Its the GF's birthday soon so want to get away for the weekend, may be able to Leave on the Friday eveing, so where can I get to from London. Need to be back Sunday before 1800.
    Last edited by n5gooner; 24 September 2007, 09:43.
    SA says;
    Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    (whatever these are)

Originally posted by n5gooner View Post
    OK, I know I'm back from Hold's but need to get away again. Its the GF's birthday soon so want to get away for the weekend, may be able to Leave on the Friday eveing, so where can I get to from London. Need to be back Sunday before 1800.
    Expedia or lastminute -> lazy bastid!

Comment

Florence
      Paris
      Edinburgh

Comment

OK, I know I'm back from Hold's but need to get away again. Its the GF's birthday soon so want to get away for the weekend, may be able to Leave on the Friday eveing, so where can I get to from London. Need to be back Sunday before 1800.
        Bruges - romantic, cutesy, interesting, beer, chocolate, beer, carriage rides, beer... recommended. And, if you go, use Eurostar - fairly comfy, cheap, and quick, with reasonable views. Did I mention the beer? And give Damme a go - nice canal trip.

Comment

Originally posted by DBA_bloke View Post
          Bruges - romantic, cutesy, interesting, beer, chocolate, beer, carriage rides, beer... recommended. And, if you go, use Eurostar - fairly comfy, cheap, and quick, with reasonable views. Did I mention the beer?
          Florence or Venice?

You can't beat the service a top Italian hotel, the scenery is great, you'll get lots for taking her

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
            Expedia or lastminute -> lazy bastid!
            looking for places people have been too and would recomend......
            SA says;
            Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

(whatever these are)

Comment

looking for places people have been too and would recomend......
              gooner don't you remember they are always a bit grumpy on here on a Monday.
              Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
                gooner don't you remember they are always a bit grumpy on here on a Monday.
                lol
                SA says;

(whatever these are)

Comment

Alicante if you want some sun, sand and tapas. Been there 3 weekends this year! Best weather in Spain I reckon...

Amsterdam's quite romantic for the weekend, canal rides and quaint cafes and restaurants
                  Don't ask Beaker. He's just another muppet.

Comment

Originally posted by Muttley08 View Post
                    Florence or Venice?

You can't beat the service a top Italian hotel, the scenery is great, you'll get lots for taking her
                    Florence is, I agree, a winner. But can be pricey. Be a cheapskate: Bruges!

Comment

Working...
                    X