• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Overnight Tornado Outbrake across the UK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Overnight Tornado Outbrake across the UK

Some of you may know that at least 12 tornadoes formed and cross the UK early this morning - there may be more that I dont know off - can you let me know of any reports from your area??

Top story on Sky news today! - I am off to investigate the Nuneation event this afternoon.
    www.stormtrack.co.uk - My Stormchasing website.

Telegraph article: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...tornado124.xml

Comment

outbreak

HTH
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by wxman View Post
        Some of you may know that at least 12 tornadoes formed and cross the UK early this morning - there may be more that I dont know off - can you let me know of any reports from your area??

Top story on Sky news today! - I am off to investigate the Nuneation event this afternoon.
        REALLY strong winds and rain battered West Nottingham from 6.10 - 6.30 this morning.

It was quite weird - Mr Cojak decided to take the car instead of his usual bike ride, but by the time we got up the winds and rain had stopped. He was able to go to work by bike...
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
          REALLY strong winds and rain battered West Nottingham from 6.10 - 6.30 this morning.

It was quite weird - Mr Cojak decided to take the car instead of his usual bike ride, but by the time we got up the winds and rain had stopped. He was able to go to work by bike...
          Waved goodbye to my wife, it was raining a bit, and the wind was a bit blustery... nothing to get worried about. 1 minute later, turned a corner, and Kapow! soaked to the skin in about 10 seconds, and nearly blown off my feet. The perils (apart from the usual) of being near Luton!

Comment

wxman's going to need a timeline, DBA-bloke...
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

I was woken up at 6:30 in Banbury by terrential rain and strong winds. Seemed to last about 10 minutes.
              Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                I was woken up at 6:30 in Banbury by terrential rain and strong winds. Seemed to last about 10 minutes.
                torrential

Comment

Whoops my spelling

Firstly thanks for your reports

Anyway dispite the media hype is seems that only one of these events was actually a tornado (Farnborough) - This afternoon I investigated the Nuneaton event (which was reported as having the worse damage from all the events) However I found it to be a dud - it was a high wind event for sure, but not from a Tornado.

It was no wonder that none of the news channels wanted to speak to me - even through SKY had some "expert" on camera that was explaining to the muppet presenter all about the UK's "tornado ally" in the Midlands.

Off camarea I told them both it was NOT a tornado but I was soon wisked away by some producer hotty.

Anyway my prelim report is here.. make up your own minds...

http://www.ukweatherworld.co.uk/stu/20070924/index.htm
                  www.stormtrack.co.uk - My Stormchasing website.

Comment

I once farted so loudly in my sleep that it woke me up. Not a tornado in the strictest sense though.

Comment

Working...
                    X