• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Here is another one

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is another one

Agents may talk a lot of b*****t, but how many of you talk jargon?

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/lif...cle2300707.ece
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

All skilled trades/professions have technical terms that are necessary for precise communication between practitioners. That is not jargon.
    I agree with you however that many IT people cannot explain the big picture acuurately and concisely.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
      Agents may talk a lot of b*****t, but how many of you talk jargon?

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/lif...cle2300707.ece
      It's on my C.V. Langagues: C++, Java XML Jargon
      Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
        It's on my C.V. Langagues: C++, Java XML Jargon
        I am an expert at IT jargon, but I have'nt got a clue as what it means
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Get a proper job then!

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            I agree with you however that many IT people cannot explain the big picture acuurately and concisely.
            classic
            The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Why are you still an agent, you could be a PM
              Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Dur

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                All skilled trades/professions have technical terms that are necessary for precise communication between practitioners. That is not jargon.I agree with you however that many IT people cannot explain the big picture acuurately and concisely.
                jar·gon (järgn)
                n.
                1. Nonsensical, incoherent, or meaningless talk.
                2. A hybrid language or dialect; a pidgin.
                3. The specialized or technical language of a trade, profession, or similar group. See Synonyms at dialect.
                4. Speech or writing having unusual or pretentious vocabulary, convoluted phrasing, and vague meaning.
                intr.v. jar·goned, jar·gon·ing, jar·gons
                Why not?

Comment

Oi .... contractor PM's only use jargon when we need to try to confuse people - it's an important part of our work...

Now PM's from consultancies...use it to try to impress the business numptys...and just look stupid...

Comment

Prime minister?

Now you are talking

Comment

Working...
                    X