• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brown's speech

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brown's speech

Brown's speech made me almost like him for 30 seconds.

Then I remembered he's a pension thief and a complete ****.

Anybody else seen it yet?
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    Brown's speech made me almost like him for 30 seconds.
    Go and wash your mouth out, you filth.
    It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

What were the salient points?

Comment

Originally posted by Moose423956 View Post
        What were the salient points?
        The BBC report news much better than I;

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7009728.stm

I want to know where the money/staff are going to come from for the education reform.

I want to know what a points system is going to do for all of the over-stayers/illegals already in the country.

The NHS does need a deep clean.

No talk of an early election, but he may well be angling for an announcement after the conference, but before the torys to f them up.
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
          The NHS does need a deep clean.
          My Mum's a nurse, but works in an old folks' home (a good one). The MRSA and other bugs are now so prevalent, that she and the other staff now do everything humanly possible to avoid sending a resident into the local hospital (in the "good" old days, it was standard practice to send 'em in for routine stuff, to reduce time spent on such things in the home) - as they often return with a superbug, though admittedly just as carriers, not actually dying from it. Nonetheless...

Now, my Mum's not a doctor, or owt like that, but does have 40 years' in the trade - as do many of her colleagues. Their view is that hospitals are now simply dirty, and olde worlde soap, disinfectant and a splash of water sloshed around a bit more often would work wonders. Having recently been in a hospital to visit a sick relative, I see her point.

Comment

Originally posted by DBA_bloke View Post
            Their view is that hospitals are now simply dirty, and olde worlde soap, disinfectant and a splash of water sloshed around a bit more often would work wonders. Having recently been in a hospital to visit a sick relative, I see her point.
            Have to agree with that. The missus was in hospital a couple of months ago to give birth and in the four days she was on the ward it was only cleaned once and that consisted of one person briefly running a feather duster along the curtain rails and the window sills. She pointed out the dried on blood and faeces stains on the floor to both the nursing staff and the one cleaner she saw and all said "it wasn't their job to clean up clinical waste". When she asked whose job it was she just got shrugs and blank looks.

Comment

My Mum's a nurse, but works in an old folks' home (a good one). The MRSA and other bugs are now so prevalent, that she and the other staff now do everything humanly possible to avoid sending a resident into the local hospital (in the "good" old days, it was standard practice to send 'em in for routine stuff, to reduce time spent on such things in the home) - as they often return with a superbug, though admittedly just as carriers, not actually dying from it. Nonetheless...

Now, my Mum's not a doctor, or owt like that, but does have 40 years' in the trade - as do many of her colleagues. Their view is that hospitals are now simply dirty, and olde worlde soap, disinfectant and a splash of water sloshed around a bit more often would work wonders. Having recently been in a hospital to visit a sick relative, I see her point.
              I blame Thatcher for Compulsory Competitive Tendering. Cleaning services were outsourced to the lowest bidder. Quality suffered and it's never recovered.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                I blame Thatcher for Compulsory Competitive Tendering. Cleaning services were outsourced to the lowest bidder. Quality suffered and it's never recovered.
                Indeed. My Mum said that back in the 1960s, each ward had its own cleaner - and they were forever trying to out-do the others, and would happily bitch & gossip about the others not having a ward as clean as theirs. OK - it was a silly pride thing, but it worked. BTW: My Mum said it started going wonky in the mid 70s - with new, "better" approaches to cleaning, and other things, like how to clean newborn babies, etc., etc.
                Last edited by DBA_bloke; 24 September 2007, 16:02.

Comment

Indeed. My Mum said that back in the 1960s, each ward had its own cleaner - and they were forever trying to out-do the others, and would happily bitch & gossip about the others not having a ward as clean as theirs. OK - it was a silly pride thing, but it worked. BTW: My Mum said it started going wonky in the mid 70s - with new, "better" approaches to cleaning, and other things, like how to clean newborn babies, etc., etc.
                  Ooooh, don't get me started... (too late):

I used to work on a ward with its own directly employed cleaner and it was spotless and the guy was a valued and respected member of the team (and a bleedin' foreigner to boot - imagine that!) I moved from there to another hospital where wards wouldn't get the same cleaner twice and any complaints/special requests had to be debated with outsourced management against a Service Level Agreement. Big difference.

Comment

Your mum ...
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X