• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brian Moore

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brian Moore

Don't you just love him?
    If Scotland get independence I would instantly appoint him as the "english" ambassador to Scotland

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/mai.../srmoor124.xml

I like the last bit:

"Finally, and a strangely twisted possibility it is, the Scots have the best chance of a semi-final place.

Neither Argentina, or the unpredictable French, are beyond the Scots, given a bit of luck and the performance of a lifetime from their players.

Should that happen I wish every Scot all the luck he wishes the English."
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    Don't you just love him?
    If Scotland get independence I would instantly appoint him as the "english" ambassador to Scotland
    He is a fat neckless xenophobic gobtulipe and should be treated with the contempt he deserves.
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

I like Roger Moore better: very good in "The Persuaders!".

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
        He is a fat neckless xenophobic gobtulipe and should be treated with the contempt he deserves.
        Your reaction to him is exactly why we englanders love him so much

Jocko

You are a nation of losers, you should be grateful to Brian Moore for reminding you of that fact
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post

You are a nation of losers

1 South Africa
          2 Tonga
          3 England

1 New Zealand
          2 Scotland

1 Croatia
          2 England

1 Scotland
          2 Italy
          3 France
          4 Ukraine

Tennis Men's Rankings

A Murray (SCO) 18
          T Henman (ENG) 91

Still...........you always have Cricket!
          “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Still...........you always have Cricket!
            ... and we don't rely upon ... er ... England to prop us up.

Scotland's "independence" is the funniest joke ever! What a HUGE, HUGE laugh that is!

Comment

Originally posted by DBA_bloke View Post
              Scotland's "independence" is the funniest joke ever! What a HUGE, HUGE laugh that is!
              Funny how the English were not quite so keen on Scotland having its independence 30-40 years ago when huge deposits of Gas and Oil were first being brought ashore eh?

Comment

Funny how the English were not quite so keen on Scotland having its independence 30-40 years ago when huge deposits of Gas and Oil were first being brought ashore eh?
                I say keep it, then. Fair's fair. That it'll run out before you can say "Hoots Mon!" would, possibly, be a cause for concern... but not for we in England. We'd just buy it from you while it lasted.

My POV is that wanting independence for Scotland, or Wales, is daft. Neither territory has anything of much worth. As a united nation, Britain will do better than if split into separate countries.

Scotland and Wales have a few things in common that will hamper their quest for true success as independent countries: the terrain, the weather. and the big distances between towns & cities. No company wants to invest in places that have these "features", unless there's something pretty good in it for them. And EU grants are not something that any country can rely upon. And anyway, what is an EU grant if it's not an international dole cheque? So much for national pride.

Really, all that Scotland's "independence" amounts to is a group of Scots who knew that they'd probably never see true power in the UK parliament, now lording it over a "toy train set". A toy train set that their country simply cannot fund. So it's England that foots the bill.
                Last edited by DBA_bloke; 25 September 2007, 10:09.

Comment

Originally posted by DBA_bloke View Post
                  Really, all that Scotland's "independence" amounts to is a group of Scots who knew that they'd probably never see true power in the UK parliament
                  I think you will find that it is a group of scots that currently hold all the true power in the UK Parliament, and an even bigger group of dimwitted English voters that have been keeping them there for the last decade.

Comment

I think you will find that it is a group of scots that currently hold all the true power in the UK Parliament, and an even bigger group of dimwitted English voters that have been keeping them there for the last decade.
                    And what a testament to the power of the Scots intellect they are too

(\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                    X