• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Doing Ramadan

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doing Ramadan

I decided to do Ramadan this year... just like that, I know its already 11 days in, but I started on Sat nevertheless..

Sat: didn't have Suhur sp?(pre-sun rise meal) cuz I couldn't be bothered to get up at 4 am. Got up @ 10 am was fine, breaking the fast is not till 7:05 pm, I was invited at a relative house for a feast which was perfect - was OK all day only I had awful headache the last 2 hours before the break-fasting meal, not sure why cuz I don't really drink caffeine, perhaps the lack of water?

Sun: I actually managed to wake up @ 4am and had a few slices of cheese some yogurt and 2 pints of water, went back to bed and woke up @10 was absolutely fine all day, cooked a nice meal at the sun-set to break my fasting

Mon ..was really scared as am working, its one thing to fast while sleeping most of the morning and then sitting around the house, or visiting people, but at work..eeek was scared, I got up around 4 am I only had 2 pints of water, couldn't be bothered to eat.
    Got up for work @7am, by 10 I was really really thirsty, but I stuck it, I felt foggy as well, lucky I didn't have major meetings and just did some simple PowerPoint slides , had my meal at 7:05

very interesting experiment, I thought I'd be hungry like hell especially I am the grazer type (eat all day long - but healthy stuff obviously) however I was never hungry, but was really thirsty and really really missed my hot drinks!!

Originally posted by SandyDown View Post
    I decided to do Ramadan this year... just like that, I know its already 11 days in, but I started on Sat nevertheless..
    Why this year?

Comment

Don't tell your colleagues what you're up to - they'll come and eat bacon sandwiches next to your desk all day long

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Don't tell your colleagues what you're up to - they'll come and eat bacon sandwiches next to your desk all day long
        I find it strange that Muslims are teased about the bacon thing, Jews don't eat bacon too and no one seems to tease them about it.

But no am going to try and not let anyone know, I think they found it strange today that I said no to all the tea/coffee rounds.

Comment

I find it strange that Muslims are teased about the bacon thing, Jews don't eat bacon too and no one seems to tease them about it.

But no am going to try and not let anyone know, I think they found it strange today that I said no to all the tea/coffee rounds.
          I think Jews are known for the bacon/pig/shellfish thing. I have a Jewish friend who will only eat bacon sandwiches outside of her house...go figure...

Are you muslim Sandy?

Comment

So will you be giving the Zakat - the 2% tax required by the end of the month?

You realise that the sunset moves forward each day by 2 minutes and similarily the dawn becomes later by 2 minutes.

You fast will become easier and easier each day!

I commend you.
            McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
            Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

honestly

that teasing tulip is oldskool 80's nonsense, hehe yea my amtes joke about it all the time but i always remind them about that guy in germany who arranged to eat a human being over the internet lol he always said human flesh tastes like baken

im pretty sure ppl all over the world eat wierd tulip that would freak us all out

we dont eat the bacon because its unhealthy its purely a scientific thing i believe same with steak since we are not suppose to eat the blood

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy View Post
                I think Jews are known for the bacon/pig/shellfish thing. I have a Jewish friend who will only eat bacon sandwiches outside of her house...go figure...

Are you muslim Sandy?
                Either that or Jeremy Beadle's about to pop out!

Comment

Nope Jewish people joke and are teased about Bacon.

Best thing I ever saw was Beef Bacon, not bad cross between Jerky & Bacon.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Sat: didn't have Suhur sp?(pre-sun rise meal) cuz I couldn't be bothered to get up at 4 am. Got up @ 10 am was fine, breaking the fast is not till 7:05 pm, I was invited at a relative house for a feast which was perfect - was OK all day only I had awful headache the last 2 hours before the break-fasting meal, not sure why cuz I don't really drink caffeine, perhaps the lack of water?

Sun: I actually managed to wake up @ 4am and had a few slices of cheese some yogurt and 2 pints of water, went back to bed and woke up @10 was absolutely fine all day, cooked a nice meal at the sun-set to break my fasting

Mon ..was really scared as am working, its one thing to fast while sleeping most of the morning and then sitting around the house, or visiting people, but at work..eeek was scared, I got up around 4 am I only had 2 pints of water, couldn't be bothered to eat.
                    Got up for work @7am, by 10 I was really really thirsty, but I stuck it, I felt foggy as well, lucky I didn't have major meetings and just did some simple PowerPoint slides , had my meal at 7:05

very interesting experiment, I thought I'd be hungry like hell especially I am the grazer type (eat all day long - but healthy stuff obviously) however I was never hungry, but was really thirsty and really really missed my hot drinks!!
                    Are you
                    • Using a religious thing to help you stick to a diet?
                    • Observing the religious thing in solidarity to your oppressed brothers & sisters?
                    • Diarising your miserable existence in the hope that some of us give a sh*t?
                    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Working...
                    X