• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Maglev

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maglev

Germany to build maglev railway

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7011932.stm

"Germany has come up with the funds to launch its first magnetic levitation - or maglev - rail service."

"The state of Bavaria is to build the high-speed railway line from Munich city centre to its airport, making it Europe's first commercial track."

At 310mph - London to Manchester in 30mins.

I've never heard of this kind of society - one where people build things and innovate. I thought people just sold each other houses using other peoples money. It's a new economic paradigm!

The consolation is that we've got such forward thinking politicians.
    Last edited by NoddY; 25 September 2007, 15:50.

Originally posted by NoddY View Post
    At 310mph - London to Manchester in 30mins.
    Err.. more like 60 mins surely ? The Mancs aren't that close to us are they !?!

Comment

... and they have a trade surplus... nice
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Excellent. Large scale public projects. We'll start of with making dividends subject to income tax to fund it, then away we go!

Comment

"London is 185 miles distance from Manchester "

Lifted from http://www.manchester2002-uk.com/bus...ans-links.html

so 185 / 310 = .6 of an hour giving 36 mins.

But then you have to factor in engineering work and scrotes leaving things on the line. I'd give it about 8 hours.
          Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
            But then you have to factor in engineering work and scrotes leaving things on the line. I'd give it about 8 hours.
            But the purpose of maglev is so you CAN leave things on the line and the train will pass harmlessly over them. One in the eye for scrotes with their bricks, logs and nicked cars, I say!

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100 View Post
              But the purpose of maglev is so you CAN leave things on the line and the train will pass harmlessly over them. One in the eye for scrotes with their bricks, logs and nicked cars, I say!
              just how high above the track do you think it floats?

Comment

China has one already but they do crash
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100 View Post
                  Is that a maglev or a plane?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                    just how high above the track do you think it floats?
                    I thought about 10 feet. That's enough, isn't it?

()

Comment

Working...
                    X