• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Police on the ball as usual

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Police on the ball as usual

Have we had many white suicide bombers in the UK?
    Police on the lookout for potential suicide bombers in London stop more young white males than anyone else, according to figures released by Scotland Yard.

More than half of the 32,000 people stopped under the Terrorism Act between April and August this year were white. The largest proportion of those were in the 21-40 age group.

Scotland Yard published, for the first time, a breakdown of its stop-and-search figures into area, race and gender to reveal a picture of who is being stopped and where those stops are taking place.

There were 17,348 white people stopped over the period, compared to 6,755 who were categorised as Asian and 4,287 who were recorded as black.
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Fortunately not. There could have been 17,348 of them, but apparently the police caught them all. Hip hip hooray for the Peelers.

Comment

They've caught 17,348 of them? Good show by the rozzers I'd say!

Comment

When bombers were always white during the IRA campaigns, were proportionate numbres of blacks/asians stopped under the same splendid principle of avoiding discriminatory behaviour? I do not know but very much suspect not.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

actually there's a good reason, Al-Queda are actively and successfully recruiting non-Asian youths, sending them for free holidays to learn Arabic, and err well buld bombs. The German authorities just averted what would have been the biggest bomb attack in Europe organised by some recently recruited white Germans.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

Seems to me

that it's more the police missusing the powers they have under the terrorism act than anything else.

Comment

The powers are more used on protestors and drunks in city centres... and old men at Labour party conferences.
              McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
              Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                actually there's a good reason, Al-Queda are actively and successfully recruiting non-Asian youths, sending them for free holidays to learn Arabic, and err well buld bombs. The German authorities just averted what would have been the biggest bomb attack in Europe organised by some recently recruited white Germans.

Stop talking sense, this site is for half baked stereotyping and white van man talk. I blame the himigrants
                The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                  Stop talking sense, this site is for half baked stereotyping and white van man talk. I blame the himigrants
                  'String 'em up, Guv, it's the only language they unnerstand' etc etc

Hevra

Comment

Working...
                  X