• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

RAF Red Arrows too British for the 2012 Olympics.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RAF Red Arrows too British for the 2012 Olympics.

The Department of Culture, Media and Sport have deemed the RAF Red Arrows as Unsuitable for the 2012 Olympics because they are too British.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/RedArrows2012/
    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Maybe we'll have a few beardies flying jumbos, instead?

It's enough to lead me to drink... more.

Comment

Well perhaps in the spirit of multi-culturalism

they could fly into some buildings, in formation obviously......
      Why not?

Comment

that's just stupid... signed.
        The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by Dundeegeorge View Post
          they could fly into some buildings, in formation obviously......
          And then sue us, or something... where's my gin...

Comment

So did we bid for the games as being London, England (i.e. British) or as London, not really in England but part of some multi-country conglomerate?!?!

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
              The Department of Culture, Media and Sport have deemed the RAF Red Arrows as Unsuitable for the 2012 Olympics because they are too British.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/RedArrows2012/
              I can't find any news story to confirm this. I reckon it's just a bit of political propoganda.

Comment

Done. Next.
                It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

Originally posted by Moose423956 View Post
                  I can't find any news story to confirm this. I reckon it's just a bit of political propoganda.
                  Ah, it's in The Sun so it must be true.

Comment

What event have they been banned from? Surely if taking drugs in the sprinting is classed as illegal, using a fighter jet should be right out.
                    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
                    X