• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A permie offer that as a contractor I would not refuse

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A permie offer that as a contractor I would not refuse

Taking London salaries for a fair comparison
    at least 50k + bonus + benefits
    10.13%
    at least 60k + bonus + benefits
    5.06%
    at least 70k + bonus + benefits
    10.13%
    at least 80k + bonus + benefits
    12.66%
    at least 90k + bonus + benefits
    7.59%
    at least 100k + bonus + benefits
    13.92%
    at least 120k + bonus + benefits
    7.59%
    at least 150k + bonus + benefits
    15.19%
    Not for all the money in this world
    16.46%
    I am sasguru and I don't need money, I just like to feel in power
    1.27%
    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Not for all the tea in China.
    First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Who voted " 50k + bonus + benefits "? Thats working in Pret, that is.
      The Mods stole my post count!

Comment

I presume this is for

a part-time role working from home?
        Why not?

Comment

Originally posted by Pickle2 View Post
          Who voted " 50k + bonus + benefits "? Thats working in Pret, that is.

Median UK wage is circa £25k a year, working in 'Pret' knock 10k a year off that.
          The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
            Median UK wage is circa £25k a year, working in 'Pret' knock 10k a year off that.
            Well, as I said London would reckon 30-35k as a median wage perhaps? (as far as I know there is no statistic on the median wage only for London city)
            I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Possibly, London itself is mid to late 20s.

What you are really asking is waht we would take as a wage slave in lala land i.e. the city!
              The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

In the city?

I hadn't realised that. Better add a couple of zeroes to those ranges then.
                Why not?

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post

Are you really a contractor, or are you on extended leave from the caravan site? here are a few contractor styley places to live, to wet your whistle. these figures include the salaries of our live in nannies etc.

1 - Kensington and Chelsea, London, average income £101,600 a year
                  2 - Cities of London and Westminster, London, average income £81,425 a year
                  3 - Hampstead and Highgate, London, average income £77,500 a year
                  4 - Beaconsfield, south-east, average income £74,375 a year
                  5 - Richmond Park, London, average income £71,925 a year
                  6 - Esher and Walton, south-east, average income £71,800 a year
                  7 - Mole Valley, south-east, average income £71,500 a year
                  8 - South West Surrey, south-east, average income £67,825 a year
                  9 - Maidenhead, south-east, average income £64,650 a year
                  10 - Tonbridge and Malling, south-east, average income £63,550 a year
                  11 - North East Hampshire, south-east, average income £63,475 a year
                  12 - Finchley and Golders Green, London, average income £63,200 a year
                  13 - Tatton, north-west, average income £62,350 a year
                  14 - Chesham and Amersham, south-east, average income £62,075 a year
                  15 - Hammersmith and Fulham, London, average income £61,325 a year
                  16 - Reigate, south-east, average income £60,900 a year
                  17 - The Cotswolds, south-west, average income £60,800 a year
                  18 - South West Hertfordshire, south-east, average income £59,725 a year
                  19 - Twickenham, London, average income £59,675 a year
                  20 - Sevenoaks, south-east, average income £59,600 a year
                  The Mods stole my post count!

Comment

Contractor yes Permie no

Firstly the figures you quote say 'Average', when comparing income the median is the best average, those could be means for all I know.

Please provide a link and I'll tell you where it goes wrong.

Comment

Working...
                    X