• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contracting Limited / Self Employed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contracting Limited / Self Employed

Sorry if this is has already been raised, pls direct me to appropriate post.

I am just starting a new contract my new employer has given the option to choose between PAYE or Contracting. I prefered Contracting for the reason being i can pay less tax and claim more from expenses. Hope i am right.

What i am not sure where to go down the route of Self employment or using a Limited company (i have registered one some time ago but have not used it).

Could you advice on what is the best way forward.

I am not sure of tax and NI stuff for a limited company with director, secretary and how can i get more benefits without getting into IR35 complication.

Going down the self employment route also require setting up a limited company (i guess), in self employment would it suffice if i approach a good accountant to solve all my tax issues.

Is it true that agents would not be interested with self-employed candidates. If so then i like to know to think about it would affect my future contracts/jobs.

I am confused.

Thanks

Working...
X