• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

who has a Business Plan?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

who has a Business Plan?

reading in The Times while negotiating the severly screwed up tube system this morning about Business Plans.. 1yr, 3yr, 5yr

Who has one? are you on track? and how detailed is it?

the more i think about it the better idea it is to have a goal to aim for and also keep me sane while getting through the hell hole that is London public transport during winter and also prevent me from being a lazy arse and taking 5 months off a year.. (doable as i have no kids, no wifey and very little outgoings).

<Chef in upbeat, optimistic mode>
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Stop sounding so well off.

Get a wife, kids, and mortgage and back in line with you.

Comment

Agree with previous poster.

I had a 5 year investment plan that I exceeded within 3 years once I went contracting.

Then I got married and then had a kid. Now wife wants more kids and wants all the kids to go to £10k a year private schools.

My investment plan is shot.

Comment

My business plan is:

Year 1: Work hard, have lots of holidays, and earn as much money as possible, pay off debts.

Year 3: Work less, have lots of holidays, and earn as much money as possible, clear debts.

Year 5: Give up work, sell house, move to hot country, do something different and start from scratch debt free!

So far im on track, apart from spedning £625 on a winter coat, which could have paid off a credit card

Comment

Originally posted by TazMaN View Post
          Agree with previous poster.

I had a 5 year investment plan that I exceeded within 3 years once I went contracting.

Then I got married and then had a kid. Now wife wants more kids and wants all the kids to go to £10k a year private schools.

My investment plan is shot.
          Err...your not me are you?

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
            Err...your not me are you?
            I'll get Admins to do an i.p. check just to make sure

Maybe our wives have colluded against us. Sometimes all I think I'm good for is paying the bills and bringing in the money so that THEY can spend it

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
              being a lazy arse and taking 5 months off a year.. (doable as i have no kids, no wifey and very little outgoings).

Feck off, that's my business plan, chef get your own.
              Last edited by alreadypacked; 27 September 2007, 12:17.
              Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by dotnetter View Post

So far im on track, apart from spedning £625 on a winter coat, which could have paid off a credit card

your tight man !
                Keep it clean!!!

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
                  reading in The Times while negotiating the severly screwed up tube system this morning about Business Plans.. 1yr, 3yr, 5yr

Who has one? are you on track? and how detailed is it?

the more i think about it the better idea it is to have a goal to aim for and also keep me sane while getting through the hell hole that is London public transport during winter and also prevent me from being a lazy arse and taking 5 months off a year.. (doable as i have no kids, no wifey and very little outgoings).

Take the 5 months off while you can, most don't have the choice, I did for a number of years and don't regret it as I now have kids, wifey and outgoings and it isn't quite as easy to do. It's pretty hard to have a nailed on plan in this game as you are at the mercy of the economy and resulting jobs market. My hazy plan is to hang on in there while somebody will pay me decent money, when they won't I'll start on Plan B.

Comment

I don't have a written business plan yet but I'm on course to start living off passive income and not having to get up and go to work for someone else within the next 2 years.
                    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Working...
                    X