• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Big IT hiring freeze coming in the City ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big IT hiring freeze coming in the City ...

Went out with City mates for a couple of shandies yesterday - they all work in various investment banks. Now this is probably not news, but those who work in IT in the City should be aware they are expecting a slowdown comparable to the 02-03 season.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Went out with City mates for a couple of shandies yesterday - they all work in various investment banks. Now this is probably not news, but those who work in IT in the City should be aware they are expecting a slowdown comparable to the 02-03 season.
    Can only mean one thing: BOOM!!

Comment

when is this slowdown expected ?

Comment

I was told yesterday I couldn't take any more contractors on where I'm working.

I think I can get round it - but not a good sign.

Comment

Will probably take root next year ...
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

did that conversation go something like

"yah yah the IT dept what, yah they were saying that some of the low level IT contractor type people yah are going to be f#cked yah, no jobs soon or something what downturn like early 2000's yah what, did you buy your yacht yet Rupert or waiting for a bigger one to come along? Pimms anyone?"

city #ankers, ya gotta love 'em really
            The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
              did that conversation go something like

"yah yah the IT dept what, yah they were saying that some of the low level IT contractor type people yah are going to be f#cked yah, no jobs soon or something what downturn like early 2000's yah what, did you buy your yacht yet Rupert or waiting for a bigger one to come along? Pimms anyone?"

city #ankers, ya gotta love 'em really

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                We know this isn't true sas, you don't have any mates.

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
                  Feck me, it's as if you were there. Are you stalking me?
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

for once though i actually agree with you sas, I've heard similar things from a company based in docklands and agencies for multinationals on M4..

start saving folks my guess is 2008 is gonna be a bit rocky.. should be a better summer though

<chef in mystic meg mode>
                    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Working...
                    X