• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

It pays to be the England captain

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It pays to be the England captain

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/270920...fa-charge.html

Premier League - Chelsea hit with FA charge
    Eurosport - Thu, 27 Sep 13:49:00 2007
    Chelsea have been hit with an FA charge for failing to control their players during the 2-0 Premier League defeat at Manchester United.

The charge arises from the incident in which John Obi Mikel was sent off and several Chelsea players surrounded the referee, Mike Dean.

Blues assistant boss, Steve Clarke, has also been separately charged with using abusive language towards match officials following the game.

Chelsea and Clarke have until October 12th to respond to the charges

Chelsea captain John Terry, however, appears to have escaped individual punishment for attempting to snatch the red card away from Dean as he was attempting to show it to Mikel, who was given a straight dismissal following a tackle on Patrice Evra.

The incident occurred just after the half hour mark, when Nigeria midfielder Mikel slid in marginally late but with studs showing on France left back Evra. Chelsea players quickly rushed to Dean as he prepared to reduce them to ten men, with the majority of the dissent appearing to come from Terry, who was close to manhandling the referee.

United then took the lead well past the allocated period of injury-time - which Chelsea feel should have been ended after the corner taken at the end of the two minutes was cleared - and doubled their lead through a late penalty when Louis Saha appeared to make the most of contact by Tal Ben Haim.

Chelsea boss Avram Grant made comments implying that his team were hard done-by but has not been charged with any offence.

__________________________________________________ ____________

From what I saw, the Chelsea players surrounded the ref, but only one actually touched him, so why is Terry not facing the charge instead of the team.
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Very similar to an incident when Alan Shearer was Enlgand captain, he booted a Leicester player and the FA decided a stern talking to was in order....

Terry will get a slap on the wrist and told not to do it again.

Comment

I remember some poofball homo ranting about how he wished Rugby ref's officiated their games....and there I was thinkin...nah you dont gayboy cause if rugger ref's ruled your games you'd spend most of your time on the bench because of red and yellow cards!

Unfortunately poofball is its own worst enemy. Video ref's, sin bins, life sentences for touching refs (although I suspect some would actually prefer the touching took place in the showers), massive fines for clubs and having managers up in boxes instead of on the ground...but nah, all that sh1t is just too hard to do!

Mailman

Comment

Working...
      X