• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Marriage, birds, work, etc

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marriage, birds, work, etc

So I was talking to my bird the other night.

I was talking about my career the future, etc.

"Of course, you'll be earning much more in the future.", says my bird.

"Um, not that bothered if I do really. I'm on 70k all in now and to be honest if that goes up with inflation I'll be happy with that for ever. Yeah, obviously great to have more and sure houses are so expensive... but I can buy anything I want really."

"Yeah, that is good just now but there is no way you can raise a family on that. My Dad earns 250k and him and Mum are always talking about how they struggle"

Ha! Anyone heard anything like that or are your partners a bit more reasonable. Having visions of myself slaving away to fund private schools, etc when I am happy as I am...

She has to go.

Dump her.

Comment

What a load of bollocks.

Live to your means, I suspect anyone who struggles on 250k kids or not!

Comment

You try bringing up kids, running two Ferrari's, a private yacht, a villa in Monaco AND a private jet on £250K. Not fun at all. Hardly have money left over for vintage Champagne every evening.

Comment

Some people are very good a wasting money, pay the full price for everything, get the worst deal.
          The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by DieScum View Post
            "Yeah, that is good just now but there is no way you can raise a family on that. My Dad earns 250k and him and Mum are always talking about how they struggle"
            Either

a) she is wildly inflating the real figure so that you are magically inspired to reach or exceed that

or

b) that's what daddy told her (they're struggling) so that she would keep going on about asking for ponies, yaghting lessons, trips to Disney world etc etc
            It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

You're up tulip creek. The gold digger has delusions of grandeur and is going to flog you like a racehorse til you get 'there' You can't spend life chasing rainbows. Remember "The trouble with the rat race is that even if you win, you're still a rat"

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                Some people are very good a wasting money, pay the full price for everything, get the worst deal.
                And some people have no choice but to do the opposite, eh?
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                  Indeed. Your Client certainly did.

Comment

There's a warning sign if ever I saw one. Plan your exit strategy now.

Comment

Working...
                    X