• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lentil munching loons are going to ban lightbulbs in the UK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lentil munching loons are going to ban lightbulbs in the UK

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7016020.stm

That's great, but my house is full of halogen downlighters and dimmers.

No doubt there'll be good money to be made importing proper light bulbs.
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

I read last week that energy saving lightbulbs are more of an environmental hazard than incandescent ones anyway because they contain significant amounts of mercury which leaches into the ground when they are disposed of.

Comment

I like lentils. There's an awful lot of very tasty dishes you can use em for.

HTH
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          I like lentils. There's an awful lot of very tasty dishes you can use em for.

HTH
          hmmm lentils is one more thing that makes me bloated and gassy, I haven't had any for about 15 years.

Comment

Oh everyone knows women don't fart. They turn the gas into verbal diarrheoa.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              Oh everyone knows women don't fart. They turn the gas into verbal diarrheoa.
              Yeh !!!
              sorry Diver I'm off the cigs again

Comment

ESLB only last longer if you leave them on. Ordinary lightbulbs are far more efficient in situations where there regularly being switch on and off. More efficient than leaving an ESLB on all the time.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Tex View Post
                  I read last week that energy saving lightbulbs are more of an environmental hazard than incandescent ones anyway because they contain significant amounts of mercury which leaches into the ground when they are disposed of.
                  But

Comment

Originally posted by SandyDown View Post
                    hmmm lentils is one more thing that makes me bloated and gassy, I haven't had any for about 15 years.
                    What can you eat that doesn't ma eyou bloated and gassy

I think you need to have a checkup at the docs to see if you have Celiac disease...

Comment

Working...
                    X