• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How to clean glass door on fireplace ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to clean glass door on fireplace ?

Afternoon all,

we got a fireplace with a glass door, the glass door gets all sooted up, how to clean it ? Soap and water don't work, what's the best cleaner for the glass door on a fire place.

Cheers,

Milan.

dont use it!

try clity bang or whatever it is called.
    I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

I find a mallet always removes those stubborn stains
      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
        Afternoon all,

we got a fireplace with a glass door, the glass door gets all sooted up, how to clean it ? Soap and water don't work, what's the best cleaner for the glass door on a fire place.

Cheers,

Milan.
        Polish cleaner is best.

Comment

linky
          The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by King Cnvt View Post
            Polish cleaner is best.
            lithuanian cleaners are just as good
            The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by scooby View Post
              try clity bang or whatever it is called.

Clitty Bang.
              And after that ask her to do some cleaning.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

I bet vinegar will do it. It does everything.

Warning: Clitty Bang strips the finish off plastic stuff, like loo seats, baths, etc. Found out this useful info. when doing a final clean of a very expensive & posh property I was renting. It was dispiriting to see the loo seat change colour, and then realise that the bath was in the same way, as I'd left it to soak in the stuff! It was tricky making it look OK for the inspection, as even a light sprinkling of water made the surfaces change colour, as if spattered in paint.

Comment

Oven cleaner, look at the bottle and see if can be used on oven glass doors.
                  They usually say leave on for a couple of hours. Leave the doors open, but don't forget to put some paper down to catch any drips. I usually remove with Stanley blade scraper.

HTH
                  Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

scrunch up a bit of newspaper then dampen it (you can just spit on it, but vinegar does work well). You could use a damp cloth but damp newpsaper does a perfectly good job.
                    dip it in the woodash (NOT coal ash) and then rub the glass.

clean off with a damp cloth.

Comment

Working...
                    X