• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Claiming IT exams.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Claiming IT exams.

I know we can't claim skills upgrade trainings , only new skills trainings.

But can we claim exams ( MS , Cisco , etc )

Originally posted by 2uk View Post
    I know we can't claim skills upgrade trainings , only new skills trainings.
    Really? I thought we can always claim any training cost as long as it's business related. It seems that there's a lot more in this 'business expenses' that I don't know

Comment

I expensed mine. If it wasn't for my job I wouldn't be doing them, is the way I look at it.
      Blood in your poo

Comment

it depends on the brolly, most should let you claim, but if not claim it at the end of the tax year with a P11D

Comment

Training and keeping up to date is essential to ensure you are providing an excellent service to your client, and as such it is an allowable business expense so long as it is for IT training and directly related to your work.

Comment

Most brollies will accept this aslong as you have a receipt and it is necessary in performaing your job well etc.

Comment

what about if you're Ltd?

I'm claiming all my business books and training. I'd definitely claim if I was upgrading IT certs - exams, training - travel to the testing centre- lunch - everything!
              "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

NAA but as I understood it you can claim for training in skills necessary to a currrent position (as employees can) not for any that simply advances marketability.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                  NAA but as I understood it you can claim for training in skills necessary to a currrent position (as employees can) not for any that simply advances marketability.
                  Does that mean I could have claimed for my HGV training if I got the position then learnt how to drive.

Comment

Many years ago I expensed a restaurant management course as I was planning on writing some catering software...
                    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Working...
                    X